Hello from the ModMic Guy!

AAJoe

Hey Folks,

I'm Joe, the brand new Director of Marketing (as of March anyway) here at Antlion Audio. Hopefully you know of our products and have seen the LTT video on them, most notably the ModMic.

One of my goals is to increase our community outreach, and by that I do NOT mean going around shouting how great the ModMic is but actually giving some useful information on forums, talking to customers/potential customers, and just being as involved as possible... almost as if I were a real person!

Prior to my role here with Antlion I ran the longest running indie game PR company, but after 14 years I needed a little break from that grind. If you have any questions about games, game promotion, Antlion/ModMic, or just want pictures of my 2 dogs, let me know :) 

You may know some of my past clients, guys like Guns of Icarus Online, Chaos Reborn, Muv-Luv, RPG Maker, To the Moon, Wadjet Eye Games, Klei, Spiderweb Software... and I could go on for quite a while like that.

Glad to be here and look forward to pretending to work while chatting with you all :D

-Joe

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 13/04/2016 at 8:08 PM, AAJoe said:

-Joe

Hey Joe, welcome to the Forum   plenty of us recommend the mod mic on a daily basis when people ask about gaming headsets 

But yeah it is probably best to ask one of the moderation team for an Industry Affiliate account marking, so people know the information is coming directly from the company and not an impartial 3rd party - I think this is detailed in the Community Standards and CoC

Anyway, if you ever want a review doing...*cough* hint hint :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

welcome!! 

like shadow captain said you should go talk to an admin for a industry affiliate flag so people aren't confused 

I lurk a lot

To be honest, the pictures of the dogs sound ideal to me!

(I've never gotten around to buying a Modmic but I do intend to eventually!)

Thanks guys :) I've messaged a mod, may have to message a few more to get my awesome branding iron label.

And now for the dog pic...

Puma is about 4 years old, part of a program to move dogs from California kill shelters to Oregon no-kill shelters. Originally found in a dumpster, she now leads the most pampered life you can imagine. She's a bit nuts from those earlier years, is terrified of fireworks and loud bangs (to the extent we have to give her drugs on the 4th of July or she'll break my heart). We don't know the breed exactly, but we suspect its a mix of pit, yellow lab, and maybe a bit of German Shepherd. 

She's pretty smart when she wants to be, and her most impressive trick is we've taught her to wait on command, where she will sit down and wait, even when we're out of sight, Until we say go, despite nearly any temptation in front of her (food, toys, etc). It apparently does not hold true for things that move though, as she hunts down any fly in the house with... less than stellar accuracy. We love to wrestle, and we play rough, as such I have taught her the "stop" command as well, where no matter how excited she gets (even if she's currently biting my arm... mildly gently) she'll immediately stop and sit. Her most impressive trick we haven't taught her is she has incredibly flexible paws and can literally pick up objects with them, which she mostly uses to get into cabinets and steal things from the kitchen counter (or she used to until we set a trap that involved a dog treat tied to a bell).

All in all, a great dog. The saddest part, other than her dumpster story, is someone else got her from the shelter before us and RETURNED HER, stating she was too high energy. Lucky me I guess!

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So if ever there was a good thread to post quasi-spam in it would be my own :)

We just kicked off a contest to win some awesome swag (Tshirts and Jackets) - SUPER high quality stuff.

For those that own a ModMic simply take a pic of your mic somewhere weird and tweet us @AntlionAudio with the #ModMicAnywhere with the pic. So far we have only one entry which I'll post here. Basically really looking to get a few more as a fun way to show off the product.

Info at http://www.modmic.com/blogs/news/156387527-modmic-anywhere-contest 

-Joe

Snailmic.jpg