Some Crazy Backup Swap

Mbarton

I have this idea where 2 people share there backups, It would work like this. I would give you my backup(`s) (encrypted of course) and you give me yours. I was really thinking about this because i live in Florida wear theirs allot of storms,floods and so on so it would be nice to know if my servers and computers were destroy i would have a offsite backup at (your) house or something it wouldn't cost us a thing and way better then a cloud and it works the same for (you) If something happens to your DATA you rebuild your Systems and log-in to my servers and download your DATA with eny client i recommend (akamai netsession) I think 1.5tb is enough space but tell me what you guys think about this and if your up to it. :)

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

1.5 TB is alot of data to upload i'm in the proccess of backing up 4.5 tb on 2mb upload.it's gonna take me about 170 days.... i'm using crashplan+ i figured just pay the 49.99 a year that way if anything happens i wont loose my data.i know it's a yearly fee but i dont have time to loose my files.and time is money in my op.i care as much about my time as i do money and my files...... your better of just buying service from a legit hosting/backup provider and backing up with a legit company since they have redundancy.... and what not.becuase most people in usa dont have insane uploads.it's gonna be a needle in a hay stack if you find someone that is willing do to what your planning + allocate that amount of space who is to say you would both keep your word about saving 1's files.....i would recommend something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhiFjHweBw if you wanna do this.

But i'm highly againts this idea. because it lacks redundancy on a multiplication level.when your doing backups you want redundancy.

I see your point, but i'm using raid 5 server`s i have redundancy but there's nothing i can do about a hurricane or something so i'm looking for even more redundancy by using someone else's servers in exchange for letting them use mine.And as far as Network speed goes i have 100 Down/75 UP.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I have no backups or redundancy 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Interesting software you posted about here.http://www.akamai.com/html/solutions/client_overview.html

This is my op though i hope you find a way to backup your files. :D

But i'm highly againts this idea. because it lacks redundancy on a multiplication level.when your doing backups you want redundancy.

1.5 TB is alot of data to upload i'm in the proccess of backing up 4.5 tb on 2mb upload.it's gonna take me about 170 days.... i'm using crashplan+ i figured just pay the 49.99 a year that way if anything happens i wont loose my data.i know it's a yearly fee but i dont have time to loose my files.and time is money in my op.i care as much about my time as i do money and my files...... your better of just buying service from a legit hosting/backup provider and backing up with a legit company since they have redundancy.... and what not.becuase most people in usa dont have insane uploads.it's gonna be a needle in a hay stack if you find someone that is willing do to what your planning + allocate that amount of space who is to say you would both keep your word about saving 1's files.....i would recommend something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhiFjHweBw if you wanna do this.

No need to post multiple times, you can either add everything to one post or edit it later :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

• 3 weeks later...