DVD/CD rip software

Does anyone know some good free software to rip DVDs and CDs? I'm using Windows 10(if you need that info) Thanks for the help

16 minutes ago, InBeforeAsian said:

Does anyone know some good free software to rip DVDs and CDs? I'm using Windows 10(if you need that info) Thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, striker477 said:

DVD I would Recommend looking into Handbrake

CD's I personally just always used windows media player. 

you're absolutely right. handbrake is awesome. and you can do so much more than just ripping. you can even use vld if you want.

1 minute ago, migeo said:

you're absolutely right. handbrake is awesome. and you can do so much more than just ripping. you can even use vld if you want.

Yeah, I love handbrake been using it for about 2 years now. however if you want to rip a blu-ray you have to use a program such as Make MKV then open it in handbrake. 

3 minutes ago, striker477 said:

Yeah, I love handbrake been using it for about 2 years now. however if you want to rip a blu-ray you have to use a program such as Make MKV then open it in handbrake. 

I honestly stopped buying discs blurays, etc. it's just not worth it. I dl from the piratebay and if it's something that I really like and I do want to support the creator, I'll buy the disc, bluray, whatever. It's just so much practical not to have discs. 

Right, blu-ray does take a long time and is a pain but ,if you really want to. that's the only way I have found to make it work. 

2 hours ago, migeo said:

I honestly stopped buying discs blurays, etc. it's just not worth it. I dl from the piratebay and if it's something that I really like and I do want to support the creator, I'll buy the disc, bluray, whatever. It's just so much practical not to have discs. 

2 hours ago, striker477 said:

Thanks for the suggestions you two :)

1 minute ago, InBeforeAsian said:

Thanks for the suggestions you two :)

you're welcome! if you don't feel that you're going to use handbrake exstensivly, I would recommend just using vlc, that you probably already have lol. tell me if you don't know how to rip with vlc. it's actually pretty straightforward!

1 hour ago, migeo said:

you're welcome! if you don't feel that you're going to use handbrake exstensivly, I would recommend just using vlc, that you probably already have lol. tell me if you don't know how to rip with vlc. it's actually pretty straightforward!

Oh really, you can? I actually don't really use vlc so I don't know, can u give me the steps so I can do it tomorrow?

18 minutes ago, InBeforeAsian said:

Oh really, you can? I actually don't really use vlc so I don't know, can u give me the steps so I can do it tomorrow?

when you open vlc, go to the toogle playlist button, the third from thr right, then click on the discs folder. You should see your disc there. You just have to right click and click save. you can check yt tutorials. it's very easy and straightforward

On 12/04/2016 at 1:08 AM, migeo said:

when you open vlc, go to the toogle playlist button, the third from thr right, then click on the discs folder. You should see your disc there. You just have to right click and click save. you can check yt tutorials. it's very easy and straightforward

Thanks, now I can put The Breakfast Club on my laptop :)

18 hours ago, InBeforeAsian said:

Thanks, now I can put The Breakfast Club on my laptop :)

You're welcomw :)

I use MakeMKV for ripping DVDs, it works very well and it's simple.

I'm a blogger, student, and developer. I love re-purposing old hardware such as PCs, routers, and phones.