PSU problem?

Hello you guys,
My computer keeps restarting whenever I put it on stress. Mainly when playing graphic intensive games like Fallout 4. I've done some PSU test and within 1 minute it restarts. Even ran a bechmark test in GTA V and still restarts. Never had an issue with my pc 3 months ago so I assume it's happened just recently somehow. Checked my event logs and I've seen (translated):

Spoiler

Critical(1): The system has rebooted without first shutting down. This error may be due to the system stopped responding, crashed, or the power disappeared unexpectedly.

Information(4 times): Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management features:
Type of Idle mode Inactive ACPI modes (C) (2 state(s)).

My spec is:

CPU: Intel i5-4690K (not OC'ed)

Coolor: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: MSI B85M-E45

PSU: Cooler Master G750M

Graphics Card: Gainward GTX 960 2GB (Factory OC'ed)

Ram: 2x8 GB Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport

Hard drives: 1xKingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5", 1xSeagate Desktop HDD ST500DM002 500GB, 1xSeagate Barracuda® 1TB

Yes I also checked my temps - cpu stays max at 75 degrees and GPU at 80 degrees so nothing there. The only thing I can think of is the PSU as I've read similar problems. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like it might be a CPU problem? B85 chipsets don't play with K SKU chips as well as they used to. maybe see if there is a BIOS update. That might fix it, some Windows updates intel pushed through made K chips on non Z boards not work properly. Also check your CPU 4pin connector... It almost sounds like your CPU isn't getting enough power, K chips like 8pin more than 4pin. I know you don't OC but if you did, that wouldn't be enough power, and it might not be enough power now. It sounds like it is power starved and not using the power states properly

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

2 minutes ago, HrutkayMods said:

Sounds to me like it might be a CPU problem? B85 chipsets don't play with K SKU chips as well as they used to. maybe see if there is a BIOS update. That might fix it, some Windows updates intel pushed through made K chips on non Z boards not work properly. Also check your CPU 4pin connector... It almost sounds like your CPU isn't getting enough power, K chips like 8pin more than 4pin. I know you don't OC but if you did, that wouldn't be enough power, and it might not be enough power now

Thanks for the quick reply, HM. I've cleaned all the dust from it and made sure every cable in inserted properly so I don't think the CPU or the heat is the problem. Also just ran a CPU test using OCCT and no reboot occured.

9 minutes ago, Eperty123 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, HM. I've cleaned all the dust from it and made sure every cable in inserted properly so I don't think the CPU or the heat is the problem. Also just ran a CPU test using OCCT and no reboot occured.

The error you showed is a power state problem from what I've found. I'd still check for a BIOS update to see if that's the problem, but power states are controlled by the PSU so it could very well be the PSU and if the PC shuts off while a BIOS update you could have problems. So I guess the PSU is failing, You have plenty enough power at 750W, if the system is shutting off and you ruled everything else out, I'd RMA the PSU because it sounds defective and not supplying enough power

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

7 minutes ago, HrutkayMods said:

The error you showed is a power state problem from what I've found. I'd still check for a BIOS update to see if that's the problem, but power states are controlled by the PSU so it could very well be the PSU and if the PC shuts off while a BIOS update you could have problems. So I guess the PSU is failing, You have plenty enough power at 750W, if the system is shutting off and you ruled everything else out, I'd RMA the PSU because it sounds defective.

Actually reverted back to an older version of the bios to see if it fixed the problem but to no avail. I do really suspect my PSU being the problem as well so I guess that's it. Ordered an EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 to see if that fixes my problem. Thank you very much for the help, HM!