Virtual Box Issues

When I try to put the Ubuntu Virtual Box in full screen it has black bars all around it. Not sure what to do. I looked into it a little and some people said to install the 'guest additions' but they will not install. Any help with this would be much appreciated. My host operating system is OS X 10.11.4. The OS in the virtual box is Ubuntu 15.10.

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 5.22.07 PM.png

You have to install guest additions, look up a guide as it's a bit confusing on Ubuntu.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

You will have to install the guest additions as the super-user (ie: use su or sudo).  That's the only way to get the virtual machine itself to take commands from the virtualizer (ie: virtualbox) to properly scale itself for output. 

Have you ever installed guest additions?  Basically you set the VM up so that it virtualizes a CD-ROM drive that mounts an ISO of the guest additions.  Your OS may or may not auto-mount this volume, and you go in there, as root (or sudo) and go "sh VBoxLinuxAdditions.run"