Mac Pro or Hackintosh?

I'm looking to get a dedicated Adobe workstation to set up for things such as video production and photo editing. I was wondering if the cheaper 2006 Tower edition Mac Pro fully upgraded (the best Xeon for it, 16 GB of DDR2 and such) would work, or if it would be worth the extra money for the investment in "future proofing" Also, I'm slightly more biased towards just the old Mac, as getting a hackintosh running seems like a lot of coding. 

"It's a Lemon Party!" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2015

"Mini Drones, are they good for your health?" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2016

Better off with a hackintosh assuming you're capable of picking the compatible components and setting it up. You'll get more value from your money that way and will be able to use current components 

1 minute ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Better off with a hackintosh assuming you're capable of picking the compatible components and setting it up. You'll get more value from your money that way and will be able to use current components 

Okay thanks. My worry with the old one is buying used and having something crap out, and having to use old components.

"It's a Lemon Party!" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2015

-Nick Van Berkel, 2016

3 minutes ago, LordHood77 said:

Okay thanks. My worry with the old one is buying used and having something crap out, and having to use old components.

Not so much parts giving out as much as being dated.... Ddr2..... Picking a motherboard but reference 780s and 980s(pretty sure)  are compatible. Just do a bit of research, you'll end up with something you can be proud of

Just now, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Not so much parts giving out as much as being dated.... Ddr2..... Picking a motherboard but reference 780s and 980s(pretty sure)  are compatible. Just do a bit of research, you'll end up with something you can be proud of

Will do. Thanks for the tips.

"It's a Lemon Party!" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2015

-Nick Van Berkel, 2016

I've given a Hackintosh a go in the past. Worked great. Would recommend, if you like MacOS. Would not recommend buying from Apple. My only concern is support. But, you give that up the moment you go Apple not through Apple. Just be ready to do some software tweaking every now and then. Hardware isn't really ever a problem nowadays, considering that all the hardware is the same these days.

Desktop: ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1 (SSI-CEB) | Intel i7-5960X (OC@5.0GHz) | Dual EVGA GTX Titan X Hybrid (2x12GB) | G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 (8x16GB@3.4GHz) | Samsung 950 Pro (512GB); WD Black (6x6TB; NAS) | SuperFlower 1600F14HT (1600W; 80+ Titanium)

LD PC-V10 (Black; Reversed; Tempered Glass Mod) | Triple Dell S2716DG (3x1440p@144Hz); Crossover 554K (2160p@60Hz) | LD Phase Change; Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 (x6) | DasKeyboard 4 Ultimate (MX Green Mod; Thick PBT Mod) | Logitech G900; SentrantPC Desk Mat

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x (470Ω); Schiit Gungnir DAC; Schiit Mjolnir 2 AMP (6BZ7 Tubes Only); Audio-Technica AT4040; Behringer XENYX X1204USB Analog Mixer; Yamaha RX-A750 Receiver; Dual Yamaha NS-6490; Dual Yamaha NS-SW300 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad P70 | Intel Xeon E3-1505Mv5 | Nvidia Quadro M5000M (8GB) | DDR4 ECC (4x16GB@2133MHz) | Samsung 950 Pro (512GB); Samsung 850 Pro (2TB) | 17.3" IPS Non-Touch (2160@60Hz) | Sierrra Wireless EM7455 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro