HyperX Cloud II vs Sennheiser G4ME ONE

JMJenkins

As the title says, I need a list of pro's and con's between the two, I'm leaning more towards the Sennheisers for the open-back and around-the-ear design. I've been using a Logitech G930 for about a year or two now and I hate the fact that my ears get sweaty but it's only a minor issue, I want good audio quality, something that'll make me feel more in the game but won't lack the sounds I need to be competitive in games like COD or CSGO.

As I understand it, I need a soundcard or an AMP/DAC? for the Sennheiser otherwise it'll sound terrible, give me your thoughts please :) Also, if you believe there is a better headset/headphone that'll do me better, feel free to link it.

Your onboard audio will more than likely be more than sufficient in powering the Sennheiser G4me One's. I really don't understand why so many keep spewing such nonsense about this headset being difficult to drive.:S

Just now, SuicideAnomaly said:

Your onboard audio will more than likely be more than sufficient in powering the Sennheiser G4me One's. I really don't understand why so many keep spewing such nonsense about this headset being difficult to drive.:S

I don't think it's a case that it cannot run off the MOBO, but it'll sound much better of an AMP/DAC, though I'm not too sure, still researching all my options here :)

Although, the Sennheiser headset that you mentioned is a personal favorite of mine, I still recommend going a pair of headphones and a separate microphone. It just gives you a lot more versatility, in the future.

The Sennheiser HD 558s are pretty much the equivalent headphones, to the headset you mentioned. You can pair these with an Antlion ModMic, or some sort of desktop microphone.

2 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Although, the Sennheiser headset that you mentioned is a personal favorite of mine, I still recommend going a pair of headphones and a separate microphone. It just gives you a lot more versatility, in the future.

The Sennheiser HD 558s are pretty much the equivalent headphones, to the headset you mentioned. You can pair these with an Antlion ModMic, or some sort of desktop microphone.

Do not worry about a microphone, I will have the ATH-2020 USB microphone to use, I'm mainly looking for comfort and good sound quality, and if possible, open-back as I don't want sweaty ears :( and from what I've heard, the microphone on the G4ME ONE is actually pretty good.

2 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

I don't think it's a case that it cannot run off the MOBO, but it'll sound much better of an AMP/DAC, though I'm not too sure, still researching all my options here :)

I think you will be fine running hte G4ME One's of your motherboard if it has an AMP on it, which motherboard do you have?

Btw i would say the Sennheisers are superior, they are lighter, fantastic mic and the open back design will guaranteed offer you better positional audio (same cant be said about simulated 7.1).

5 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

Ultimately, it's a possibility, depending on your motherboard. However, regardless of what you purchase, I would recommend trying it out with your current set up, before spending money on potentially unnecessary gear.

Just now, JMJenkins said:

Do not worry about a microphone, I will have the ATH-2020 USB microphone to use, I'm mainly looking for comfort and good sound quality, and if possible, open-back as I don't want sweaty ears :(

Well if you have that why not go with the Hd558 like @SuicideAnomalysaid? Or with another pair of high end headphones?

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

I think you will be fine running hte G4ME One's of your motherboard if it has an AMP on it, which motherboard do you have?

Btw i would say the Sennheisers are superior, they are lighter, fantastic mic and the open back design will guaranteed offer you better positional audio (same cant be said about simulated 7.1).

1 minute ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

Ultimately, it's a possibility, depending on your motherboard. However, regardless of what you purchase, I would recommend trying it out with your current set up, before spending money on potentially unnecessary gear.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2h76vK

I believe it'll be easier if you can see my current build, right now I'm just getting the more optional items out of the way.

1 minute ago, JMJenkins said:

Do not worry about a microphone, I will have the ATH-2020 USB microphone to use, I'm mainly looking for comfort and good sound quality, and if possible, open-back as I don't want sweaty ears :(

Well, knowing that gives you a lot more options. What is your budget, and what sort of sound signature do you prefer?

Well, knowing that gives you a lot more options. What is your budget, and what sort of sound signature do you prefer?

Sound signature, not sure I understand this. I'm a newbie when it comes to audio hardware. My budget, preferably nothing over $200-$300, but you can always just link options and I'll choose eventually. I'm like a man in a new world when it comes to audio equipment :)

The G4ME heatsets is better in every way but it is fairly expensive for what it is

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Sound signature, not sure I understand this. I'm a newbie when it comes to audio hardware. My budget, preferably nothing over $200-$300, but you can always just link options and I'll choose eventually. I'm like a man in a new world when it comes to audio equipment :)

That sort of budget, gives you tons of options.

When referring to sound signature; do you prefer emphasis on the highs, lows, or prefer a more neutral sound?

That sort of budget, gives you tons of options.

When referring to sound signature; do you prefer emphasis on the highs, lows, or prefer a more neutral sound?

Awesome for the budget, but referring to sound signature, as I said before, I'm a newborn child when it comes to this. I've used a lot of cheap headsets that cost like $5 and my first big purchase was the Logitech G930, I just enjoyed the massive difference in audio, so I'm afraid I cannot answer that. I guess the best one I could give is neutral, I'll mainly be playing games rather than listening to music, I'd like to use the headphones when on the aeroplanes or connect it to my phone/tablet to listen to music/videos.

Asus does mention that the motherboard you have is equipped with a AMP, but does not mention the capabilities/specifications of it. But since both of them are just 50 ohms i think you will be fine. If bass seems lacking tho you probably should consider getting a AMP/DAC or soundcard.

Just now, HydraGaming said:

Asus does mention that hte motherboard you have is equipped with a AMP, but does not mention the capabilities/specifications of it. But since both of them are just 50 ohms i think you will be fine. If bass seems lacking tho you probably should consider getting a AMP/DAC or soundcard.

I see, thanks for looking into that for me. I think to be safe, I should get a AMP/DAC so that way I can use it on more than just the PC if their is an issue, but I'll look into that once I find the one true headset/headphones for me :)

Awesome for the budget, but referring to sound signature, as I said before, I'm a newborn child when it comes to this. I've used a lot of cheap headsets that cost like $5 and my first big purchase was the Logitech G930, I just enjoyed the massive difference in audio, so I'm afraid I cannot answer that. I guess the best one I could give is neutral, I'll mainly be playing games rather than listening to music, I'd like to use the headphones when on the aeroplanes or connect it to my phone/tablet to listen to music/videos.

Unfortunately, if you wish to use these for travel, you shouldn't go with open back headphones. You don't want to be "that guy.":$

Had this thread popped up yesterday, I would've definitely recommended that AKG 7xx's that Massdrop was offering. Unfortunately, it just ended.

Unfortunately, if you wish to use these for travel, you shouldn't go with open back headphones. You don't want to be "that guy.":$

Had this thread popped up yesterday, I would've definitely recommended that AKG 7xx's that Massdrop was offering. Unfortunately, it just ended.

I see, then I should look into getting a separate pair for when I do travel, then what do you recommend for gaming and music, I really want to be immersed into my games and hear everything they've got to give me, getting a tactical advantage in a FPS is also great. 

4 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

I see, then I should look into getting a separate pair for when I do travel, then what do you recommend for gaming and music, I really want to be immersed into my games and hear everything they've got to give me, getting a tactical advantage in a FPS is also great. 

If you live in a noisy environment i would strongly consider the cloud 2's. If you dont have that then G4ME One's get my vote based on positional audio thanks to the open design.

2 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

If you live in a noisy environment i would strongly consider the cloud 2's. If you dont have that then G4ME One's get my vote based on positional audio thanks to the open design.

I don't live in a noisy environment, I'll be in my room and the only times I should be bothered is when someone needs my help, I see that the G4ME ONE's are good but I still want to verify all my options, I only have a short time in America to buy this equipment and bring it all back, I'm not even the one collecting all of the hardware, it's my father. So he'll be bringing it all the way back to South Africa before I can test any of the parts.

That is the reason I'm trying to just make sure I'm happy with my purchase, as expensive as it is.

There are so many options! You really can't go wrong with either the Sennheiser HD 558s, or the Beyerdynamic DT 990s, as your first endeavor into the audio world. They do have very different sound signatures, though. My recommendation is to see if there is some place locally where you can audition them. Or, find a retailer that has a good return policy, and purchase them both to take for a test drive. Simply return the one that doesn't jibe with you.

There are so many options! You really can't go wrong with either the Sennheiser HD 558s, or the Beyerdynamic DT 990s, as your first endeavor into the audio world. They do have very different sound signatures, though. My recommendation is to see if there is some place locally where you can audition them. Or, find a retailer that has a good return policy, and purchase them both to take for a test drive. Simply return the one that doesn't jibe with you.

Sadly where I am, that is one difficult thing to do, Cape Town isn't the center city of South Africa, Johannesburg is, so I'm far from most of the decent hardware but because of the exchange rate and bloated prices here in South Africa, it's cheaper just to buy it in America and have my father visit family while he's there.

I'll look into both the HD 558s, the DT 990s and compare to other various headphones I may find, in the end, I'll have a nice pair of headphones no doubt x)

However, if you had to pick one pair of headphones, I would seriously look into the HifiMAN HE400S. Although, it maxes out your budget.. :)

2 minutes ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

However, if you had to pick one pair of headphones, I would seriously look into the HifiMAN HE400S. :)

Hehe, just a question, I know this is going over my budget, but what about the Audio Technica ATH-ADG1, just throwing options out.

Hehe, just a question, I know this is going over my budget, but what about the Audio Technica ATH-ADG1, just throwing options out.

Thing is, if you already have a nice microphone, it's just a waste of money to go with a headset. You're really paying a lot more money for the convenience, more than anything else.