ztree/zleaf

I'm in a bit of an odd situation. there is a job i want on campus that requires that i know how to program certain tasks using the ancient ztree and zleaf software, and i dont really know how to do that. can anyone point me to a site or other reference that i can use in order to learn the skills i need? 

I have to wonder, what on earth requires this ancient software?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

I have to wonder, what on earth requires this ancient software?

well, i will be programming it to run social experiments. something like this "Person A is given the option to take 10 points, or to give 12 points to person B. Giving points will help the group as a whole, but will not be totally profitable to the individual." and other things like that. we take the results and measure them against certain hypothesis and when we are done, we will publish our findings. or something. it pays well. lol

6 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

well, i will be programming it to run social experiments. something like this "Person A is given the option to take 10 points, or to give 12 points to person B. Giving points will help the group as a whole, but will not be totally profitable to the individual." and other things like that. we take the results and measure them against certain hypothesis and when we are done, we will publish our findings. or something. it pays well. lol

Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how this software plays in. Probably because I have no idea what it does.

I did find this in google: https://sites.google.com/site/ztreenotes/

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how this software plays in. Probably because I have no idea what it does.

I did find this in google: https://sites.google.com/site/ztreenotes/

thanks! and here is a more in depth guide on what it is and what it is used for. 

Zurich Toolbox for Readymade Economic Experiments

ztree_64.gif
z-Tree is a widely used software package for developing and carrying out economic experiments. The language used to define the experiments is simple and compact, meaning that experiments can be developed quickly, and programming experience is not necessary, though useful.

z-Tree is flexible both with respect to the logic of interaction and the visual representation, allowing the simple programming of normal form games, extensive form games, double auctions, or clock auctions, for example. We began the development of the software in 1998, and have continually added new features.

Software

The z-Tree software is implemented as a client-server application with a server application for the experimenter, called z-Tree, and a client application for the subjects, called z-Leaf.

The applications are programmed in C++ (Visual C++ 2015, MFC) and run on all recent released x86 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows, starting with Windows XP SP3.

The current version 3.6.2 has been released on March 18, 2016.

License

The program can be licensed free of charge. Please note that z-Tree may only be used for academic purposes. If you are not part of an academic institution but want to use z-Tree for research purposes, please contact us

When you report results of experiments conducted with z-Tree, the licence requires that you mention it's use in the publication and cite the article published inExperimental Economics.