Wireless Networking Help

Tk12

I currently am running Charter Spectrum Internet and use a WiFi router to deliver to my computer.  The router I use is the Linksys ea6350 and I am only about 25ft from the router.  I currently receive terrible signal strength of 3 Mb/s with only being about 25 ft away, while I receive my full speed of 60 Mb/s being directly next to the router.  Is there a way to increase my signal strength without moving closer to the router? Thanks for all your input.

yes the solution would be to interrupt the connection between the antenna and the router. you'll want to add a 240v capacitor (ill look up the exact model and get you the link) to amplify the signal. the drawback is upload speeds are pretty bad. normally you would use a variable diode for this but since they're one way, it wouldn't work... i do this on my routers to get better signal throughout my house. ill log in to the modified routers for large downloads and then log into a non modified router for normal use and uploads...

Could you switch to an ethernet connection? What kind of wireless solution do you have in your pc? 

21 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

Could you switch to an ethernet connection? What kind of wireless solution do you have in your pc? 

I have an 802.11n Wireless LAN card. In theory I could switch to Ethernet but I am separated from the router by a wall, so either run a cord down the hall wall or drill through the wall, both of which I am trying to avoid.

18 hours ago, Tk12 said:

I have an 802.11n Wireless LAN card. In theory I could switch to Ethernet but I am separated from the router by a wall, so either run a cord down the hall wall or drill through the wall, both of which I am trying to avoid.

I haven't watched this yet and I'm not sure if this will even help but if is does. let me know.

10 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

I haven't watched this yet and I'm not sure if this will even help but if is does. let me know.

No it won't. IIRC in that one he just buys a 10gb server nic.

OP I suggest looking for a wifi analyzer program and checking your signal strength.