First Build advice

Get rid of the H60. 120mm AIOs are not worth it. Especially on a locked CPU. Either use the stock cooler or a cheap air cooler like the Cryorig H7.

Spend a bit more for the 4GB variant of the R9 380. If you have to, drop the CPU to the i5 6400.

The SSD is crap - I'd personally call it a 'bait and switch' product. Get a A-data SP550 instead.

Get a better PSU, the quality of the EVGA 500W White is not good enough for the R9 380. Something from SeaSonic or XFX would do nicely.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, kyle.schofield said:

get a 4570 or 4670, because you won't see any tangible benefits with a skylake cpu.  ditch the liquid cooler and get something simple like a hyper 212 evo because you won't be overclocking.   u will need a z97 mobo if u choose a 4570 or 4670.  you may want to pickup 2 of those 120gb ssds because it fills up fast, trust me.  stick 2 of them in raid 0.

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

If you're looking to game casually or use this PC as a workstation, a 120 gb ssd and a 1tb hard drive won't last you long. I suggest getting another 1tb hard drive and running the two in a non-redundant raid. The ssd is optional, but you can do the same as well.

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Total budget and location.

$1000 in australia

6 hours ago, kyle.schofield said:

$1000 in australia

Very rarely is the 380 more expensive than the 960. Even more rarely is the price difference make it so that the 380 isn´ worth it over the 960. This is one of those times.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G2nyD3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G2nyD3/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($262.00 @ IJK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-PRO3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($49.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: OCZ Trion 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($65.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card  ($289.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.00 @ CPL Online) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($44.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $1002.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 08:10 AEST+1000