Best controller for PC gaming

oskarstankovic

Hey guys! I'm wondering which is the best controller for general PC Gaming, I'm between a cheaper Xbox 360 wired controller, the XBO with cable included or the PS4 dualshock 4 as well.

I play everything with Mouse and keyboard, but I own some games that probably will be better with controller such as Dark souls II, and I'm really planning to buy some fighting like Guilty gear accent core, and the most important at least for me and that is even the reason that I want a control is One piece burning blood, would this game run well on PC with the PS4 controller? Which controller would be Better for playing One piece Burning blood on PC?

Thank you for your time! Oscar ^^

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

the xbone cabled would be my choice, win 10 has drivers for it and a few games are already pre-configured for the xbone and it feels a bit more comfortable than the xbox 360, though if u can find the 360 wireless adapter you can use the 360 without wires.

idk about the ps4 since i don't have one.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

i switch between the 360 and the xbone elite dependant on what im going to play i love the xbox one elite just sometimes if you knock a stick from the wrong angle or if you are prone to controller slamming like me they will fall off but thats just they use magnets but the paddels on the back are a god send  and the main reason i stuck with it 

I lurk a lot

9 minutes ago, oskarstankovic said:

Hey guys! I'm wondering which is the best controller for general PC Gaming, I'm between a cheaper Xbox 360 wired controller, the XBO with cable included or the PS4 dualshock 4 as well.

I play everything with Mouse and keyboard, but I own some games that probably will be better with controller such as Dark souls II, and I'm really planning to buy some fighting like Guilty gear accent core, and the most important at least for me and that is even the reason that I want a control is One piece burning blood, would this game run well on PC with the PS4 controller? Which controller would be Better for playing One piece Burning blood on PC?

The Xbox 360 controller will work just fine

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Just now, I am an SSD said:

The Xbox 360 controller will work just fine

Thank you SSD master race, but my biggest issue is that I need to know which between the Xbox 360 controller or the DS4 would work better for One piece burning blood

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

9 hours ago, oskarstankovic said:

well that's easy. even tho the xbox one is a huge bust its controller is amazing. i love it. feels really good. 

Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 4.9Ghz | MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz | Samsung M.2 970 EVO nVME 256GB | 960 EVO 256GB SSD | WD Black 4TB 7200RPM HDD | WD Black 8TB 7200RPM HDD | Corsair Obsidian 500 RGB | Zalman 850w Gold

Alienware 244Hz 25" 1080p, Asus 144Hz 25' 1080p, LG 4K OLED 65' TV | Razer BlackWidow V2 Chroma Keyboard | Razer Mamba TE Chroma Mouse | Razer 7.1 Chroma Headset | Razer FireFly ClothEdition Chroma MousePad

You usually want to avoid Xbox One controllers on PC due to problems with I think the LT and RT buttons on windows 10 (Either that or L2 and R2).  You will have to do a search for it.  It's a Microsoft driver problem.  Xbox 360 controllers have no problem whatsoever on the same OS.  I don't know if this affects W7 or not.

If you get an xbox 360 controller, you can try the xbox 360 slim or the original.  Be warned however that if you get an original 360 wired controller, you will *NEED* to mod the dpad (this will void the warranty) or the dpad response will be 10 kinds of garbage.  It's bad, *real* bad unmodded.

To fix the dpad and make it actually work well enough to be how it should have been all along, you will need to disassemble the controller and add a "business card" type cardboard circle cutout between the rubber plungers and the dpad plastic rocker.  It's very easy to do; the hard part is disassembling the controller. 

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZVN9t9ztE

13 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

You usually want to avoid Xbox One controllers on PC due to problems with I think the LT and RT buttons on windows 10 (Either that or L2 and R2).  You will have to do a search for it.  It's a Microsoft driver problem.  Xbox 360 controllers have no problem whatsoever on the same OS.  I don't know if this affects W7 or not.

If you get an xbox 360 controller, you can try the xbox 360 slim or the original.  Be warned however that if you get an original 360 wired controller, you will *NEED* to mod the dpad (this will void the warranty) or the dpad response will be 10 kinds of garbage.  It's bad, *real* bad unmodded.

To fix the dpad and make it actually work well enough to be how it should have been all along, you will need to disassemble the controller and add a "business card" type cardboard circle cutout between the rubber plungers and the dpad plastic rocker.  It's very easy to do; the hard part is disassembling the controller. 

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZVN9t9ztE

ive never had a problem with the triggers or the bumpers (guess your on about LB and RB whe you said L2 and R2) on the xbone elite with windwos 10 

I lurk a lot