PC and College

So, i don't know if this should be here or in general discussions but it says planning in the description, so here i go.

I am going to college in 21 days, i have been toying the idea of building my own pc as my laptop crash more and more frequently even though i just formatted it. My main problem with this is that my college is not far enough from home to not go home often but far enough for carrying my rig to be a hassle. would you give suggestions on how to deal with carrying pc s back and forth in college?

I had a friend who actually built a backpack for a desktop computer, he used it when going to and from lan parties and whatnot, and if I am not mistaken you could also buy these backpack, but I'm sure they have a pretty hefty price due to low demand. Also why is your laptop crashing? Have you dusted it? Could be overheating :o

If a backpack is not a solution I guess you'd have to make sure that the case and monitor has adequate handles for carrying them back and forth. 

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

None in my eyes, use a laptop or if you need the power remote access...

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

I'd recommend buying a powerful, but extremely portable, gaming laptop. You'll be grateful for it when you can lug your work and the software to edit it around with you. I've had too many, "shit, left it on my computer at home.." to let go of mine.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

27 minutes ago, BananaKnight said:

So, i don't know if this should be here or in general discussions but it says planning in the description, so here i go.

I am going to college in 21 days, i have been toying the idea of building my own pc as my laptop crash more and more frequently even though i just formatted it. My main problem with this is that my college is not far enough from home to not go home often but far enough for carrying my rig to be a hassle. would you give suggestions on how to deal with carrying pc s back and forth in college?

A powerful laptop would be a better choice.

11 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

I had a friend who actually built a backpack for a desktop computer, he used it when going to and from lan parties and whatnot, and if I am not mistaken you could also buy these backpack, but I'm sure they have a pretty hefty price due to low demand. Also why is your laptop crashing? Have you dusted it? Could be overheating :o

If a backpack is not a solution I guess you'd have to make sure that the case and monitor has adequate handles for carrying them back and forth. 

yeah, i have never dusted it and it runs hot. planning on doing so soon.Nonetheless its not powerful to run as well as i like it to

I absolutely won't recommend that.

In a university situation, all you require from your computers is portability. Get a decent lightweight laptop with a long battery life, and that should be enough.

I use the Thinkpad 450s for my university needs. Served me extremely well so far.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.