Core Voltage for CPU Problems

Go to solution Solved by Bigheart,

mine shows up like this too, and i have no problems. run a stability test for a while just to be safe. 

Hi

So I oc my cpu (G3258) Pentium at 4.0ghz and 1.27V, but for some reason on CPU-z it shows as 0.97V. Why is that? Should I be worried? [Edit] : it says on aida64 that it is 1.27V though. 

voltage.png

aida64 voltage.png

has this been over clocked through the bios?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

2 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

has this been over clocked through the bios?

it was done on an AsRock Extreme 3 Mobo, and yeah it was done in the bios

mine shows up like this too, and i have no problems. run a stability test for a while just to be safe. 

I had my g3258 at 4.3ghz and I remember having an issue with cpuz. Have you updated cpuz to the latest version?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

Just now, Bigheart said:

alight, I will run it overnight for 12 hours 

1 minute ago, astrosheen said:

I had my g3258 at 4.3ghz and I remember having an issue with cpuz. Have you updated cpuz to the latest version?

I thought I did

1 hour ago, Nohemi said:

alight, I will run it overnight for 12 hours 

sounds like a plan. good luck!

2 hours ago, Nohemi said:

Hi

So I oc my cpu (G3258) Pentium at 4.0ghz and 1.27V, but for some reason on CPU-z it shows as 0.97V. Why is that? Should I be worried? [Edit] : it says on aida64 that it is 1.27V though. 

voltage.png

aida64 voltage.png

Adaptive or offset voltage. Look at CPU-Z when it's under load in Cinebench and see if the voltage spikes up to the 1.27 you have it set at in BIOS.

8 hours ago, DunePilot said:

Adaptive or offset voltage. Look at CPU-Z when it's under load in Cinebench and see if the voltage spikes up to the 1.27 you have it set at in BIOS.

yeah it is the core voltage, I did a benchmark and it stayed the same on cpu-z, but for Aida64 it had the correct voltage. 

12 hours ago, Bigheart said:

sounds like a plan. good luck!

What is the max temperature I Should stop oc at, my highest load temp on 1.27V at 4.0ghz is 91 degrees Celsius and the average is 74 degrees Celsius