Powerline?

Ludox

I'm going to be getting a new pc, and when I play games on my laptop, the ping is very unstable. Right now I'm just connected to the wi-fi, and I'm thinking of getting a powerline. I would go with wired ethernet, however the ethernet outlet is downstairs, and I'm going to have the pc a floor up. Does anyone have experience with powerline adapters or know any good ones? I'm thinking of getting the D-Link PowerLine AV 500 Network Kit, as it is affordable and it has good reviews.

Thanks

im running off of powerline right now, and its fairly stable, and the ping is less thatn 1ms, and the adapter you want should work well, just be waned: for the longest time i was beset upon by my computer not recognizing my adapter for up to 30 min at time. this was very frustrating due to the fact that i need my computer to run programs like rhino and autocad for school. the only reason that i do not have these problems anymore is because i turned off my computers ability to disconnect from adapter when it shuts down. some other things that you have to consider is how far away your router and adapters are, and what electronic devices lie between. if you have a lot of stuff constantly running in your house, then those devices will cause noise on your network, reducing speeds.  

ha. i didnt mean less than 1ms, i meant most of the time 1 ms. sorry. at least on my home network

13 hours ago, Bigheart said:

im running off of powerline right now, and its fairly stable, and the ping is less thatn 1ms, and the adapter you want should work well, just be waned: for the longest time i was beset upon by my computer not recognizing my adapter for up to 30 min at time. this was very frustrating due to the fact that i need my computer to run programs like rhino and autocad for school. the only reason that i do not have these problems anymore is because i turned off my computers ability to disconnect from adapter when it shuts down. some other things that you have to consider is how far away your router and adapters are, and what electronic devices lie between. if you have a lot of stuff constantly running in your house, then those devices will cause noise on your network, reducing speeds.  

Thanks!