Farcry primal

SteamedCabbage

Is farcry primal worth the £32 it is on steam? Or should I get assassins creed syndicate for £20?

7 minutes ago, SteamedCabbage said:

Is farcry primal worth the £32 it is on steam? Or should I get assassins creed syndicate for £20?

Farcry primal is so fun!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

12 minutes ago, SteamedCabbage said:

i think it's more like a personal preference

do you want a first person 9999999 B.C life or do you want something more like a third person English industrial revolution era

if you like both kind of games then i think you'd go with syndicate then go primal after some time when it gets a bigger discount

i personally think both games are equally super cool

22 minutes ago, SteamedCabbage said:

I'd look into the reviews and gameplay of both games and then decide for yourself. As @EvilNeo stated, they are both very different games.

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

Far cry primal is far cry 4 stripped down. That is all.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you like to play a dumbed down FC4 without many Weapons and a Copy/Paste Worldmap. Ya sure, why not.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I knew I would find some salty nancys with the copy/paste comments. 

If you like the Far Cry franchise and would like to play a prehistoric theme game, go for that. Assassin Creed is the same thing as always. Up to you.

I personally liked Primal. The story was the one thing I felt was rushed and wish it was a little longer. Someone could make the case it could be a FC4 DLC but I still find it worth $40 (how much I paid at launch). But I wasn't really into the story, my main thing was getting outposts and hunting :3

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

FCP is pretty simple, but has a nice looking environment. ACS is decent, but not as expansive as Black Flag. I recommend Black Flag if you don't already have it. Otherwise, it's really up to you. But ACS has more gameplay, while FCP has more walking in forests.

32 pound is like $64 or more CND... and I think the game is not worth it at that price. It's worth sub-$30.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, GeekJump said:

I knew I would find some salty nancys with the copy/paste comments. 

Of course you defent this lazy shit, like always. If People with demands are "salty nancys" in your Eyes, im proud of it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

17 hours ago, Praesi said:

Of course you defent this lazy shit, like always. If People with demands are "salty nancys" in your Eyes, im proud of it.

Geez >_>''' I didn't say it was GOTY material just that I like it. I also said it was worth the $40 - not full $60 retail price. I even gave minus points for the story.

(1) Sure the map is the a copy but unless you have photographic memory and are a trained cartographer, you probably would have never noticed without the news the side by side photos. Even after I saw the photos I didn't notice - or care - when I played. The only time I could tell was when I was looking at the actual map.

(2) What weapons do you expect during that time? Bow, spear, club. That's it. All the extra stuff was stretching the historical accuracy far just to avoid people making that complaint. Pretty sure it'd be stupid to be riding a sabertooth with an a rifle and the prehistoric equivalent to a rpg.

(3) A lot of people make the argument it is just FC4 dlc. But even if that were the case I'm pretty sure they would charge ~$40 anyway due to the size and story. Which is why I said $40 is reasonable.

On the LTT forums everything must look and run like (or better) than Witcher 3 to be seen as good. Anything less = lazy developers, shit game

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)