Correct Type of Paint?

Hey fellas (and ladies), I was thinking about making some pretty sick modifications to a case that I'm getting soon. Most of you probably know about the Corsair Carbide 400C Mid ATX Case. If not, here's the link.

Anyways, I'm thinking that I can pull off a slick look if I were to paint the PSU shroud white. To accomplish this, I hope to take out the shroud and spray paint it. (Preferably Plasti Dip) Now, I'm no expert in case modifications, especially in this area, and I need help figuring out what spray paint to buy. This is where you guys come in. What spray paint would you recommend, and could you shoot me a link to the page where I can buy it? (Amazon, in high preference. I have an Amazon Prime account, so I can get free shipping with it rather than paying an arm and a leg for S/H.)

I'm thinking of painting the shroud white, along with a couple of other parts. I'm going to attempt to use the same paint and apply it to my GPU heatsink, along with my RAM heatsinks. All of these will be in extremely good care, as I'm not looking to waste any money; I will be extremely delicate and very precise in how I manage this modification.

Thanks, in advance, guys! I appreciate you all who take the time and help others when you could be out ignoring everyone's problems and worrying about your own lives.

THE EYRIE (Budget Build):

CPU: AMD FX-6350     GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 Dual-X MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78MLT-USB3

RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair (16GB Total) HDD: 2 x 500GB WDC 6MB/s SSD: None yet

PSU: Corsair 650X CASE: ULTRA Defender

2 minutes ago, j3dington said:

-SNIP-

Plasti-dip can work for some of the parts but if your wanting spray paint itself Rustoleum makes some good stuff, if your looking for better color selection or more vibrant and bright whites, automotive spray paints like dupli-color are a good option.

http://www.amazon.com/280722-American-Accents-Semi-Gloss-12-Ounce/dp/B00KZ6LYFO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1459056472&sr=8-5

Just now, W-L said:

Plasti-dip can work for some of the parts but if your wanting spray paint itself Rustoleum makes some good stuff, if your looking for better color selection or more vibrant and bright whites, automotive spray paints like dupli-color are a good option.

http://www.amazon.com/280722-American-Accents-Semi-Gloss-12-Ounce/dp/B00KZ6LYFO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1459056472&sr=8-5

HOLY CRAP you're a life saver! Thank you so much! I'm sure I need to apply some primer to it before I paint it, correct?

3 minutes ago, j3dington said:

HOLY CRAP you're a life saver! Thank you so much! I'm sure I need to apply some primer to it before I paint it, correct?

Ideally yes, you need to prep the surface properly for paint depending on the surface and material, I have a guide here that goes over a fair bit of the stuff you wanting to do from RAM and GPU Painting to General Painting. One thing I do want to note is it's not recommended to paint the GPU heatsink or fins itself as that tends to heavily affects cooling performance. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Stealing your -SNIP- thing ;)

Okay. I'm still fairly new to computers, about 2 years into it, so I call things the wrong names all the time, but I didn't mean the heatsink. Just the cover ;) I appreciate you giving me a heads up, though. Thanks bud! And I remember you recommending that modding page to me. Fun fact, I actually bookmarked it! I just didn't know where to get the paint or exactly what to use. But you helped me so much! Thanks a ton!

• 2 weeks later...

I used Plasti-Dip Blaze Green on some of my parts and around a month later the paint fell off. I later got Rust-Oleum primer and realised that I didn't need it for what I planned. So I tried again with the Plasti-Dip and primed first. The paint adhered a LOT better. No peeling whatsoever, in my experience priming works wonders. Rust-Oleum is definitely a good choice. The heat spreaders were anodized before so the paint had nothing to adhere to the first time. 

Painted RAM.jpg

Also if you want a pure white paint then you could always just use white primer. Then you get the white color and the good adherence. Only problem there is that you wouldn't be able to peel off Rust-Oleum like Plasti-Dip, if that's why you want to use it? Unless of course you use Plasti-Dip primer and Plasti-Dip White over the primer... There are always lots of options.

Primer: http://www.amazon.com/280715-American-Accents-Primer-12-Ounce/dp/B00KZ6LLZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459861194&sr=8-1&keywords=rust+oleum+primer

Plasti-Dip Primer: http://www.amazon.com/Performix-PLASTI-Mulit-Purpose-Rubber-Coating/dp/B00BCLAA2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459862844&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=plasti+dip+primer&psc=1

Plasti-Dip White: http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11207-Multi-Purpose-Coating-Aerosol/dp/B000981AA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459862879&sr=8-1&keywords=plasti+dip+white