Power supply doesnt work

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 minute ago, DualZone said:

The fan does not spin up on the psu, but it is supposed to stay off until it reaches a certain temp. How do you jump the power supply. 

There is also no LED indicator on it to tell me that is is running so I do not know how to tell if it is on.

I also check the pins in the 24 pin connector in my last psu that i thought was defective and there was no power from them. I then checked the cable going from the wall and it had power going through it.

I also hear a ticking on the board that I only hear with the cx750m plugged in not my other psu. It is very very faint.

It sounds like it might be incompatible (if it's not a fault on the PSU). The only thing I can really suggest trying is another PSU if you know someone/somewhere you can borrow one from. 

Jumping PSU: http://www.seasonic.ru/tech-support/jump-start/

I recently decided that i was going to take the components from my current computer (dell inspiron 660s)and put them in a new case. I decided to buy a new power supply along with it and bought the corsair cx750m when I got the power supply it wouldn't turn on any fans in my case and didn't power the mother board. I sent it back thinking that it was defective and got a new one today. To my disappointment it still does not work. Are there any compatibility issues with the psu and the motherboard? I had no way of checking compatibility on pcpartpicker because it is not a name brand motherboard that pcpartpicker has listed. The name of it is Pinevalley Motherboard/ D1B75R. 

It should work with it just fine. Have you made sure all the necessary cables are plugged in? Including the EPS (CPU) 4 pin and the front panel connectors (cables will be on the case, no PSU for those)

EDIT: If you're not sure if you're missing anything, could you post a picture of the system, showing where the cables you've plugged in are. 

I am just testing the motherboard by using a screw driver to short the pins together and i know this configuration works because my old power supply works this way. i have just the motherboard, cpu, and ram plugged in and i plug in the old psu and the cpu fan spins up, but when i do the exact same thing with the cx750m it doesnt work. i do also have the eps plugged in

2 minutes ago, DualZone said:

I am just testing the motherboard by using a screw driver to short the pins together and i know this configuration works because my old power supply works this way. i have just the motherboard, cpu, and ram plugged in and i plug in the old psu and the cpu fan spins up, but when i do the exact same thing with the cx750m it doesnt work. i do also have the eps plugged in

Hmm, strange. If everything's connected then it should work. I can only think that the PSU is defective, but it would be extremely unlikely to get two in a row. 

Does the PSU actually power up on its own? Have you tried jumping the PSU when it's not connected to the system? 

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It should work with it just fine. Have you made sure all the necessary cables are plugged in? Including the EPS (CPU) 4 pin and the front panel connectors (cables will be on the case, no PSU for those)

EDIT: If you're not sure if you're missing anything, could you post a picture of the system, showing where the cables you've plugged in are. 

The fan does not spin up on the psu, but it is supposed to stay off until it reaches a certain temp. How do you jump the power supply. 

There is also no LED indicator on it to tell me that is is running so I do not know how to tell if it is on.

I also check the pins in the 24 pin connector in my last psu that i thought was defective and there was no power from them. I then checked the cable going from the wall and it had power going through it.

I also hear a ticking on the board that I only hear with the cx750m plugged in not my other psu. It is very very faint.

1 minute ago, DualZone said:

It sounds like it might be incompatible (if it's not a fault on the PSU). The only thing I can really suggest trying is another PSU if you know someone/somewhere you can borrow one from. 

Jumping PSU: http://www.seasonic.ru/tech-support/jump-start/

2 minutes ago, DualZone said:

20160324_170042[1].jpg

Ok thank you so much fro your help I really appreciate it

On 25/03/2016 at 0:02 AM, DualZone said:

20160324_170042[1].jpg

If there's ticking coming from there, it might be worth replacing the CMOS battery to see if it helps (or remove, leave it for a few minutes, then put it back).