Old prebuilt capability

So there's some video on the interwebs with a 2k03 pc here's the link:

so i'd like to know what it could do today?:/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStYboshKHdjx7Rde0iJty

Could it be done? sure, no problem... I'm sure the parts are out there, but what it could do today? my guess is not much of anything. It was getting "ok" FPS in a lot of those games, but was even struggling with Doom, HL, and Far Cry. Modern titles would get less FPS I would guess or not even run due to the CPU and GPU requirements of today's demanding titles. I believe many games today require at least a dual core and ~256-512mb of video memory (not all, but most). 

Maybe a "10 years later" PC build would be interesting? create the best PC from 2013 or maybe even do a 2010 build to should how far things have come perhaps?

Linus has a few videos about recycling old parts into a new "budget" type build. I'm referencing "Scrapyard Wars" and "Under $150 Budget Gaming 8 Core CPU, Motherboard & 16GB RAM"

what about less intense tasks like whatching p0rn (i hope i wnot get banned for that(maybe hardcore won't run well))

and watching videos on youtube and web browsing?

4 hours ago, aflyinghotpocket said:

Could it be done? sure, no problem... I'm sure the parts are out there, but what it could do today? my guess is not much of anything. It was getting "ok" FPS in a lot of those games, but was even struggling with Doom, HL, and Far Cry. Modern titles would get less FPS I would guess or not even run due to the CPU and GPU requirements of today's demanding titles. I believe many games today require at least a dual core and ~256-512mb of video memory (not all, but most). 

Maybe a "10 years later" PC build would be interesting? create the best PC from 2013 or maybe even do a 2010 build to should how far things have come perhaps?

Linus has a few videos about recycling old parts into a new "budget" type build. I'm referencing "Scrapyard Wars" and "Under $150 Budget Gaming 8 Core CPU, Motherboard & 16GB RAM"

Like budget 2k03 and budget 2k13?

2 hours ago, ExoSniper(or that weirdo) said:

Like budget 2k03 and budget 2k13?

well, the best 2013 system would still be able to game pretty hard in 2016. Things have not advanced that much in the tech world. 

An interesting study would be a 5 year gap between hardware. 1995-2000-2005-2010-2015 would be a VERY interesting study or project to undertake. what was the the king of computers in 1995? now that would be interesting. 

There was a guy on youtube a while back who installed EVERY version of windows back to back on a virtual machine which I found to be interesting. I think something like this would be interesting to repeat with the best hardware of the time when the next version of Windows came out.