How do I plug these Graphic cards to my power supply??

Skye2468

This might be a noob question lol but

I have a AX1500I Power supply and two EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti classified acx 2.0+ that will be linked together with SLI

Each graphic card is powered by two 8pin connectors

My power supply has 10 of them

So do I plug 1 8pin connector into the power supply and the other end in 1 of the 8pin ports of the Graphic card

Then plug a second 8pin connector into the power supply and then the other end into the second port of the same Graphic card

And then repeat the process for the second graphic card

Or is there some sort of cable that I plug into the power supply and the other end splits into 2 separate 8pin connectors that I can use on both 8pin ports of the Graphic cards

this might be a silly question but this is my first time building a PC and I just am very terrified of frying my Graphics cards or something

3 minutes ago, Skye2468 said:

This might be a noob question lol but

I have a AX1500I Power supply and two EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti classified acx 2.0+ that will be linked together with SLI

Each graphic card is powered by two 8pin connectors

My power supply has 10 of them

So do I plug 1 8pin connector into the power supply and the other end in 1 of the 8pin ports of the Graphic card

Then plug a second 8pin connector into the power supply and then the other end into the second port of the same Graphic card

And then repeat the process for the second graphic card

Or is there some sort of cable that I plug into the power supply and the other end splits into 2 separate 8pin connectors that I can use on both 8pin ports of the Graphic cards

this might be a silly question but this is my first time building a PC and I just am very terrified of frying my Graphics cards or something

doesnt matter

if it doesnt get enough power it just wont start

the psu wont let too much through

just

whatever looks best

It doesn't matter which PCIE power cable goes to which graphics card. It's still going to end up getting connected to the same power supply.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3