quiet pc -> rad fans controlled by pwm from gpu

So, to paint the picture. I have a cooler master 352 silencio case with in the front a 240 rad from Alphacool. on the rad are 2 120 mm fans supplied with the nexxxos set i bought. the fans are 3pinned and atm connected with a y splitter to a 5v connector. so always at the same speed. I want to change that.

i have 2 scenarios.

i buy 2 noctua nf-p12 and use the low noise adapter and connect them to my gpu via a gelid pwm mini 4pin to 4 pin adapter. That way i can control the speed of the fans for cooling via for example the fan curve settings in msi afterburner.

i use the gelid pwm mini 4pin to 4pin adapter and connect it to a pwm adapter that converts the pwm signal to a 6 way 3pin hub that controls the fans that i already have. The cons for this option is that i don't have to buy new fans and that i can connect my other case fans to it to and use my pwm signal of the gpu to control the whole case. I have an i5 6400 that generates almost no heat. So if i play a game and the gpu will get hot the whole case will react to it and speed up a little.

What do you guys think of one or both of the options? 

And converse