build for co worker

I have a buddy that asked me to make him a computer an all he cares about is movies he wants to be able to download store and burn dvds without waiting a long time for them to burn im not very sure out side of getting a better burner how u increase read write speed to a dvd,

budget $ 500 -750

Aim $ burning cds and dvds

monitors none needed

Peripherals none needed 

Why are you upgrading? simply to have a new storage and burning medium for dvd movies he has over 250 dvds

any cases are fine he doesn't care as long as its functional

thanks in advance for your help

Indeed the CD/DVD/BLUERAY burner is the slower part of the build, you cant possibly get a magic burner that does it instantl, just grab a good one from whoever. 

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

does the power of the pc affect the read write speed of the burner though?

Hes probably looking for something linus does, puts the dvds on a server for him to watch and enjoy later. Thats going to take you a few days worth of hours to do though....

No the power does not matter, what you are looking for is just a fast blue ray reader and burner, or DVD. Just make sure he has Several TB of HDD space ready

yeah but he wants to be able to burn physical dvds at anytime an i know little to nothing about burners other than how to hook them up im trying to figure out if i need to build specifically for burner speed and get processer or ssds just for that