Extremely odd FPS caps with my setup...No clue what to do.

MaximusVX

So to start, these are my full PC Specifications:

===================================================================

Case: CM Storm Stryker - White Full Tower Gaming Computer Case 
Display: ACER XB270HU 2560x1440 144Hz G-SYNC 27" WQHD 
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2 80+ BRONZE 
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX 
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Devils Canyon OC @ 4.6GHz 
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler 
GPU:2 x MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 SLI 
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz OC 
WLAN: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Programmable Gaming Keyboard with LCD Display 
Mouse: Genius GX-Gaming Gila Black 12 Button Gaming Mouse 
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro 
HDD/SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD/Samsung EVO 850 250GB RAID0 (465GB) 
+ 6 HDDs(1TB+1TB+1TB+500GB+500GB+320GB) 

===================================================================

Back when I used my TV as a computer monitor, for years, at 1920x1080, everything was working just fine. I added in a slight BCLK overclock to 102MHz just to have higher numbers in my RAM and CPU overclock just to say I could.(Because who really needs to overclock an i7-4790K when all you're doing is gaming anyway?) I saw all the FPS improvements when adding another 970 to my system and with the high numbers I was getting, I was itching to buy a new monitor that supported such a high frame rate. Which I did, it was the IPS version of the Acer XB270HU (http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001) and I've done tons and tons of digging for months for anyone else with my problem and I just haven't found anyone with the exact same problem I have. I've posted to other forums about this and no one has a solution. So I figured I'd come here, best case scenario maybe even Linus sees this post?

Anyway, the problem is: With SLI enabled, there is an FPS cap no matter what I do. For months when I had this thing, all of my games were capped to 112 FPS at 2560x1440, 190 at 1920x1080, and higher FPSs at lower resolutions. Again, this problem does exist with SLI disabled. It wasn't until a few weeks ago(I got the monitor in December) that I randomly reset all my BIOS settings to stock and found out that BCLK was the problem...(But how? It worked just fine on my old monitor? And this is regardless of whether G-SYNC is enabled or not) I removed the BCLK overclock and boom, now my FPSs are much higher in all my games, but THEN I noticed, in Black Ops 3, the game, no matter how low I set my graphics settings and resolution, it would never hit the 240FPS cap built into the game, it always stopped at 216. So I ran 3DMark Ice Storm(Something I should be getting well over 2000-3000FPS in, and again, 216FPS. I even set my resolution to 800x600 before I ran the test, guess what? That had a cap too, of 1780FPS. Switch to my old monitor and the problem is literally nonexistent. But how? I don't get it, how does a monitor effect FPS THAT badly? Some people mentioned it could be the DP cable, but I've tried 3. I thought it to be the motherboard or SLI Bridge at one point, but then I kept reminding myself that it works absolutely fine on my old 1080p monitor. What on earth could possibly be causing this?

Are you running Nvidia's latest driver? I read something about that the latest driver has some bugs. I haven't updated my drivers yet cause of that, unless they patched it.

Just now, Hman1250 said:

Are you running Nvidia's latest driver? I read something about that the latest driver has some bugs. I haven't updated my drivers yet cause of that, unless they patched it.

Yeah. I always have my drivers automatically updated with Geforce Experience. I also read there was some bug in some previous nvidia drivers that caused it, so I went to the hotfix of that driver and it changed nothing, I've tried like 10 different drivers. Hell, I've even triple booted Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 and ran Ice Storm on all of them to see if it was any type of software issue. But no, this monitor just...I don't even know. I love it to death but I'd hate to see 216FPS even though I really don't need it that high, and just knowing my FPS could be higher. God forbid some benchmark comes out and I see 216 as my average.

That guy complaining about 200+ FPS, and I'm just here happy if I can get 60 fps xD

You said that BCKL solved your problem if you don't overclock your CPU. Like you said before, why would you even need to OC that CPU for gaming? For heavy CPU games sure, but good luck at getting over 200 fps at Guild Wars 2 (CPU heavy game).

So if disable OC solve your problem, just leave it at 4,4GHz and enjoy your gaming experiene at that massive frame rate lol

What might cause problem? Google SLI/crossfire problem and you will find tons of people complaining about it. So it might have to do something with that.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

That guy complaining about 200+ FPS, and I'm just here happy if I can get 60 fps xD

You said that BCKL solved your problem if you don't overclock your CPU. Like you said before, why would you even need to OC that CPU for gaming? For heavy CPU games sure, but good luck at getting over 200 fps at Guild Wars 2 (CPU heavy game).

So if disable OC solve your problem, just leave it at 4,4GHz and enjoy your gaming experiene at that massive frame rate lol

What might cause problem? Google SLI/crossfire problem and you will find tons of people complaining about it. So it might have to do something with that.

I'm...not entirely sure that you completely comprehended the post..