Quick help with Razer Deathadder Scroll Wheel

TacosWillPronUs

Hi, when I woke up this morning I found that my deathadder scroll wheel wouldn't scroll. I can still click it however the scroll wheel isn't as sturdy/keeps scrolling if I roll it. Not too sure how else to describe it, sort of like a toy car wheel where if you spin the wheel, itll keep moving based on momentum. 

I've opened the mouse up however can't figure out what to do next. I've included a few pictures below. Sorry for any formatting errors, first time posting a thread via mobile. image.thumb.jpeg.5c479f4ee89f0d4ef6069dfimage.thumb.jpeg.3f8e78316c09e4b432e9071image.thumb.jpeg.e0677b88973684de31a9aeaimage.thumb.jpeg.083fd573807b1a0578d6747

How old is it? If it is still under warranty, try to get a replacement. If not, odds are be prepared to get a new mouse. 

clean it with an old tooth brush, it spins freely likely because the little holder cog thingy whatever you call it is broken, it should still track scrolling motion unless its a 2in1 and unless that green/red cable board is just for LED it could be the optical sensor. 

Don't know how razer mice and put together, but otherwise the mechanical and not optical tracking is done, via the retainer gear/bearing on the left, could probably solder a new one if you can source it and have the tools, otherwise rip scroll wheel.

Like fuddinator asked, how old is it? It could be that the hexagonal part where the wheel enters the encoder has smoothed out and become circular causing it to not catch properly. If that's the case, all you need to do is get another scroll wheel for it but they're very hard to come by. I don't think the encoder will be damaged but it does appear that there's a lot of hair (fur?) and god knows what else in there.

14 hours ago, fuddinator said:

How old is it? If it is still under warranty, try to get a replacement. If not, odds are be prepared to get a new mouse. 

That's funny

"If it is still under warranty"

He just opened up the mouse...