Rosewill Photon PSU + ASRock 970m pro3 CPU power?

Hello, I have a Rosewill Photon 850 which I just saw is "intel certified" and I cannot find the correct connector for my 8 pin CPU header on the AM3+ mobo. Are they incompatible?

1 minute ago, Necrodead said:

The webpage says you should have 2. They are split down the middle into two 4 pin connectors.

33ze5wz.jpg

Yes, but they don't fit. The shapes are different.

6 minutes ago, Sweepyoface2 said:

Yes, but they don't fit. The shapes are different.

yes they do. alot of newer pc builders have this issue.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

2 minutes ago, thorbrantly101 said:

yes they do. alot of newer pc builders have this issue.

no..I can see that they're different and I tried for about 5 minutes to get them in.

Nevermind, I got them in. On another note, it won't turn on, no lights or fans spinning, what is my first step to troubleshoot?

Edited by Sweepyoface2

for all desktop motherboards made since 1998 there has been a universal standard what power connectors should be. all motherboards from server to prebuilt use this standard. 

roswell and newegg are very reputable brands. i have looked up ur psu and mobo and yes they are 110% compatible. 

make sure you're not using a pcie 8pin connector. that would not fit and could kill your board.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

1 minute ago, thorbrantly101 said:

for all desktop motherboards made since 1998 there has been a universal standard what power connectors should be. all motherboards from server to prebuilt use this standard. 

roswell and newegg are very reputable brands. i have looked up ur psu and mobo and yes they are 110% compatible. 

make sure you're not using a pcie 8pin connector. that would not fit and could kill your board.

See my edit. thanks

no..I can see that they're different and I tried for about 5 minutes to get them in.

Nevermind, I got them in. On another note, it won't turn on, no lights or fans spinning, what is my first step to troubleshoot?

okay first make sure the psu is turned on and plugged in. then check front pannel headers. 

okay first make sure the psu is turned on and plugged in. then check front pannel headers. 

Yep, everything on and plugged in, I tried 3 different ways to plug in the power switch connector, and also tried shorting it with a screwdriver, nothing.

Just now, Sweepyoface2 said:

Yep, everything on and plugged in, I tried 3 different ways to plug in the power switch connector, and also tried shorting it with a screwdriver, nothing.

Wait, nevermind it turned on. One sec.

Wait, nevermind it turned on. One sec.

xD

15 minutes ago, thorbrantly101 said:

xD

Ok, it won't post, what do I do?

post as in your not getting power on anymore at all?

post as in your not getting power on anymore at all?

No, it powers on but I am getting no signal to the display. I tried two different video cards, they both could be dead though.

No, it powers on but I am getting no signal to the display. I tried two different video cards, they both could be dead though.

any beep codes?. try re-seating your ram. try a diffrent pcie slot for the video cards. i think ur mobo has 2 16x slots.

2 minutes ago, Sweepyoface2 said:

does it power cycle? (power up fans spin then shut off and repeat)

actually what cpu are you using.

does it power cycle? (power up fans spin then shut off and repeat)

Nope, powers up and stays on. Is that an easier situation than it power cycling? I will try the ram and different slow now. No beep codes but I don't think I have the speaker plugged in

Nope, powers up and stays on. Is that an easier situation than it power cycling? I will try the ram and different slow now. No beep codes but I don't think I have the speaker plugged in

power cycling usually is worse or at least means it could be worse in my experience. how did it go with the other pcie slot? did you try booting with only one ram stick?

power cycling usually is worse or at least means it could be worse in my experience. how did it go with the other pcie slot? did you try booting with only one ram stick?

Yep, same thing for both.

1 minute ago, Sweepyoface2 said:

Yep, same thing for both.

why do you think both gpu's could be dead?

Just now, thorbrantly101 said:

why do you think both gpu's could be dead?

Because they are old and I was given them by someone, they were also stored on a random shelf.

Because they are old and I was given them by someone, they were also stored on a random shelf.

hmm. tbh this does seem like a display issue. is the monitor plugged in? do you have another pc to test those gpu's in?

5 minutes ago, thorbrantly101 said:

hmm. tbh this does seem like a display issue. is the monitor plugged in? do you have another pc to test those gpu's in?

Plugged in of course, and no sadly :( too bad it's AMD so no integrated GPU.

8 minutes ago, Sweepyoface2 said:

Plugged in of course, and no sadly :( too bad it's AMD so no integrated GPU.

rma the gpu's if u can. it really seems like a display issue. try re-seating the cpu maybe that would help :/. other then that i got nothing. good luck