Need Help!

Hello guys!

I've been working for a full 3 months just to save up some money and make my gaming pc, but now i have a huge problem! I just want to max out all the present and maybe future games at 1080p, i have the money for a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, but will i get the most bang for my buck? I have seen alot of videos and reviews on the radeon r9 390, people say it's an awesome card for alot of tasks and gaming, I'm kind of at a decision problem here, don't know what to do! Please help!

R9 390 is better. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

4 minutes ago, Steve94 said:

Hello guys!

I've been working for a full 3 months just to save up some money and make my gaming pc, but now i have a huge problem! I just want to max out all the present and maybe future games at 1080p, i have the money for a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, but will i get the most bang for my buck? I have seen alot of videos and reviews on the radeon r9 390, people say it's an awesome card for alot of tasks and gaming, I'm kind of at a decision problem here, don't know what to do! Please help!

If you don´t need cuda, and power doesn´t cost alot where you live, 390 easily.

The R9 390 is the better card by far right now. MSI or Sapphire should be a solid choice.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

As above, if you don't need any proprietary nvidia features and power in your area isn't more valuable than life itself, get a 390.

I don't see anything wrong with the 390 option, it's at least as fast as the 970 in almost every case and in some cases even faster.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Any opinions on the Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390? It has a good price tag, but i'm open to any suggestions!
And also i would like to know from which card i could get the most eye-candy from, that's where the nvidia things come in, are those worth paying more? or i should get away really fine with it? 
just for the record i have an cx750m power supply, i was just pushed to buy this PSU because, i work as a game tester at EA, and my work pc has a GTX 980, intel i7 - 4790, 32 gigs of ram, and almost every one of them have installed this particular PSU, they are running day and night, rarely beeing turned off (just think of the games we are testing. they are not that good optimised in alpha stages) and they work excellent!
So my question is, will a CX750M handle a R9 390, intel i5-4690k and 16gb of ddr3 1866mhz memory? Or should i go with the gtx970 just to have some head room on consumption? 
Since alot of you are saying this, electricity doesn't cost that much where i live, so having a R9 390 wouldn't be a problem to pay it's electricity costs.

Thanks so much for the replies! I guess Linus is right in all his videos, this is a really helpfull comunity, really love it here!

So what do you guys think? i'm waiting for more responses!

13 hours ago, Steve94 said:

Any opinions on the Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390? It has a good price tag, but i'm open to any suggestions!
And also i would like to know from which card i could get the most eye-candy from, that's where the nvidia things come in, are those worth paying more? or i should get away really fine with it? 
just for the record i have an cx750m power supply, i was just pushed to buy this PSU because, i work as a game tester at EA, and my work pc has a GTX 980, intel i7 - 4790, 32 gigs of ram, and almost every one of them have installed this particular PSU, they are running day and night, rarely beeing turned off (just think of the games we are testing. they are not that good optimised in alpha stages) and they work excellent!
So my question is, will a CX750M handle a R9 390, intel i5-4690k and 16gb of ddr3 1866mhz memory? Or should i go with the gtx970 just to have some head room on consumption? 
Since alot of you are saying this, electricity doesn't cost that much where i live, so having a R9 390 wouldn't be a problem to pay it's electricity costs.

Thanks so much for the replies! I guess Linus is right in all his videos, this is a really helpfull comunity, really love it here!

So what do you guys think? i'm waiting for more responses!

I wouldn´t get the gigabyte 390, they aren´t up to par with the xfx, powercolor, msi, and sapphire ones. I wouldn´t have gotten a cx, they´re ment for office computers rather than gaming ones. If you can get a different one, I would recommend it.