G502 or Razer Naga

Arixl

trying to decide between these two mice,i have a old naga and i'v had it for a bit over 5 years now, so it's lasted me awhile i do like the naga but i HATE the soft wear i think it's garbage I'm very tired of putting up with my pinkie finger rubbing against my table / mouse pad because there is now where else to put it. i like the look of the g502,game i play are, mostly just league and fallout4 i wear a medium glove and use a plam/claw grip one thing i'v always loved about the naga are the buttons on the side it's very simple just 1,2,3,4 etc the g502 looks pretty weird with the button lay out, but from what i'v read it's nice to use, things i do want is around 5 buttons that i can push with ease, a very nice grip and dosn't make my poor little pinkie sore and something that dosn't rub alot on my mouse pad (easy to move around) i'v read that the g502 feet are not tall enough and the abrasive surface on the bottom of the mouse is taller than the actual feet causing alot of friction, i'm not sure if they've changed that or not. If you know any other mice that might be well suit for what i'm looking for feel free to suggest them also. I'm not too worried about RBG lighting or lasers suited more to FPS gaming like the rival 300 so g502 i like the look of don't care about the weights and not too sure about the button layout, naga i like the button layout but not the softwear.

EDIT: sorry for the billion typos that will more than likely be in this, i typed it in a rush and kind of just rambled.

I would go for the 502, it's just a solid mouse with a of of good and strong features (is a little on the heavy side tho).

But I havent heard a lot of good stuff about the naga,  I heard it weares out real fast. I also don't feel any  problem with that friction

of the 502 what you mentioned

to game or not to game, that`s the question

2 minutes ago, Arixl said:

trying to decide between these two mice,i have a old naga and i'v had it for a bit over 5 years now, so it's lasted me awhile i do like the naga but i HATE the soft wear i think it's garbage I'm very tired of putting up with my pinkie finger rubbing against my table / mouse pad because there is now where else to put it. i like the look of the g502,game i play are, mostly just league and fallout4 i wear a medium glove and use a plam/claw grip one thing i'v always loved about the naga are the buttons on the side it's very simple just 1,2,3,4 etc the g502 looks pretty weird with the button lay out, but from what i'v read it's nice to use, things i do want is around 5 buttons that i can push with ease, a very nice grip and dosn't make my poor little pinkie sore and something that dosn't rub alot on my mouse pad (easy to move around) i'v read that the g502 feet are not tall enough and the abrasive surface on the bottom of the mouse is taller than the actual feet causing alot of friction, i'm not sure if they've changed that or not. If you know any other mice that might be well suit for what i'm looking for feel free to suggest them also. I'm not too worried about RBG lighting or lasers suited more to FPS gaming like the rival 300 so g502 i like the look of don't care about the weights and not too sure about the button layout, naga i like the button layout but not the softwear.

EDIT: sorry for the billion typos that will more than likely be in this, i typed it in a rush and kind of just rambled.

I have a Razer Naga Molten Edition, it got double click problem once so I send it for fixing. During that time I bought a 502 with the intend to only temporally replace it and when I got the Naga back it will become my laptop mouse. After using the G502 for about 1 week, I change my mind completely and now the G502 is my main mouse, and Naga is my laptop's mouse. Is just so nice to hold in your hand, and the free scroll is a great thing for every day use. For gaming you could disable it with 1 click. It have 11 programable button that I mainly left it to it default, but you can customize it and other things on the Logitech software.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

I really like my g502 so I'd suggest going for the g502 but I also wouldn't consider this recommendation neutral and unbiased, since it is most certainly bias.

1 minute ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

I would go for the 502, it's just a solid mouse with a of of good and strong features (is a little on the heavy side tho).

But I havent heard a lot of good stuff about the naga,  I heard it weares out real fast. I also don't feel any  problem with that friction

of the 502 what you mentioned

Yea, i'v only seen one person complain about the bottom of the mouse, so i'm guessing they fixed that or maybe they just got a defected one, also sick picture <3 love tenacious D

2 minutes ago, Megazero said:

I have a Razer Naga Molten Edition, it got double click problem once so I send it for fixing. During that time I bought a 502 with the intend to only temporally replace it and when I got the Naga back it will become my laptop mouse. After using the G502 for about 1 week, I change my mind completely and now the G502 is my main mouse, and Naga is my laptop's mouse. Is just so nice to hold in your hand, and the free scroll is a great thing for every day use. For gaming you could disable it with 1 click. It have 11 programable button that I mainly left it to it default, but you can customize it and other things on the Logitech software.

Yea i also have the naga molten, i did use to get alot of problems with clicking and sometimes it just randomly goes spaz on my screen but the side buttons just no longer work, and it over heats alot =[ really it's pretty interesting that you fall inlove with the g502 so quick, i that makes my decision alot more toward the g502 =]

Yea, i'v only seen one person complain about the bottom of the mouse, so i'm guessing they fixed that or maybe they just got a defected one, also sick picture <3 love tenacious D

hahhah YEAH, they`ll rize like the Phoenix! You`re the first to recognise it :) 

5 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

I really like my g502 so I'd suggest going for the g502 but I also wouldn't consider this recommendation neutral and unbiased, since it is most certainly bias.

well, from what i'v read on reviews and now here, it seems the g502 is just better, which I'm happy about because i really hate Razer and i REALLY hate their software.

Just now, Arixl said:

Yea i also have the naga molten, i did use to get alot of problems with clicking and sometimes it just randomly goes spaz on my screen but the side buttons just no longer work, and it over heats alot =[ really it's pretty interesting that you fall inlove with the g502 so quick, i that makes my decision alot more toward the g502 =]

As of last week my Molten finally "gave up"? I'm not entirely sure what happen but suddenly the left mouse click behave like a middle click, and the left and middle click doesnt seem to do anything. So all and all the Molten last me about 4 years-ish, I bought it around the time Diablo 3 came out. I never have overheat problem though? How do you get that?

As much as I love the G502, I'd still suggest that if you can, try to go to a store or something and actually hold it in your hand. Mouse and Keyboard are 2 really personal things, some ppl like it, some ppl dont, so it's better if you can hold it and try it out for real before buying

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

5 minutes ago, Megazero said:

As of last week my Molten finally "gave up"? I'm not entirely sure what happen but suddenly the left mouse click behave like a middle click, and the left and middle click doesnt seem to do anything. So all and all the Molten last me about 4 years-ish, I bought it around the time Diablo 3 came out. I never have overheat problem though? How do you get that?

As much as I love the G502, I'd still suggest that if you can, try to go to a store or something and actually hold it in your hand. Mouse and Keyboard are 2 really personal things, some ppl like it, some ppl dont, so it's better if you can hold it and try it out for real before buying

If you have the lights on where the side buttons are, the mouse will over heat, at the time i got it because i wanted a mouse for WoW and a few of my friends brought the mouse also, they've all said it over heated for them too, it's either turn off all the lights on the mouse or get a very hot hand. Maybe they fixed it later on, becuase i remember at the time it happened with alot of people, i did get it when it was first out. Also i'll try find a store that holds that mouse (g502) but i don't think they have any here (Aus)

EDIT: i found a store that has the mouse, but i don't think they'll let me take it out of the box and look, JB Hi Fi are dicks

A mouse is very subjective thing. I just bought the G502 yesterday, finally after using MX518 for almost 10 years, and it's amazing! Unless you need the phone dial on naga (for MMORPG's and whatnot), I would strongly suggest getting G502. It was suggested to me by everyone I have talked to and I would pick it every time. 

2 minutes ago, maremp said:

A mouse is very subjective thing. I just bought the G502 yesterday, finally after using MX518 for almost 10 years, and it's amazing! Unless you need the phone dial on naga (for MMORPG's and whatnot), I would strongly suggest getting G502. It was suggested to me by everyone I have talked to and I would pick it every time. 

16 minutes ago, Megazero said:

You've used both mice, so i'm guessing you understand what i mean when i say my pinkie has no where to go, but on to my mouse pad, the rubbing is pretty annoying after long use, is that a problem with the G502?

You've used both mice, so i'm guessing you understand what i mean when i say my pinkie has no where to go, but on to my mouse pad, the rubbing is pretty annoying after long use, is that a problem with the G502?

Hmm... I cant say I do, nor the G502 will fix that. My pinkie usually hold on to the size of the mouse pretty fine, so I dont rub against the mouse pat much even on the Naga. On the G502 it have a rest for the thumb, not for the pinkie. BUT, the side of the G502 are noth smooth like the Naga, it have a texture to it, the triangle field on both side (check it here: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse ) and most of the time both my thumb and pinkie stick to it like glue so I can pick the whole mouse up easily, so again my pinkie never/dont often touch the mouse pat. 

19 minutes ago, Arixl said:

well, from what i'v read on reviews and now here, it seems the g502 is just better, which I'm happy about because i really hate Razer and i REALLY hate their software.

I only had one Razer product so far (Razer Lachesis 5600dpi) so it's not really a great sample size but comparatively, I love the g502 where as the Lachesis was just "alright". Some of the stuff that I really like the g502 for, G-Shift is amazing, the weights are a nice touch, the scroll wheel is pretty good (spreadsheets, code, forums, notes, etc. are amazing to navigate) but it could still be improved, hadn't noticed anything off with the sensor, it's comfy for right handed people, etc. Basically I like everything about the g502 except for a few minor details with the scroll wheel and that I bought it a few months before the spectrum so it doesn't match my red colour scheme :(

9 minutes ago, Arixl said:

That's the subjective part I was talking about. It depends on your grip. For me, it's more of a claw/palm grip and the pinky sits nicely on G502's rubberized grip on the right side. I guess this will be the case with most users, the grip on the right side will let your pinky sit there without slipping, even if your hand gets wet from sweating.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

G502 and Naga are made for different purpose no? 

Yea, naga is more for MMO's and G502 is more for i guess all around and has a DPI changer so more suited to FPS

10 hours ago, Arixl said:

This is what you get with the G502:

+ Essentially 10 buttons (12 if you count scroll-up and scroll-down as buttons) when you assign custom profiling to the mouse. This is because you can click the mouse-wheel side-to-side as well. I have these clicks as NumPad4 and NumPad6, thus giving me more buttons. The same thing can be applied to the DPI-Up/down-buttons.

+ Super build quality, except for the mouse wheel and the feet (see below). The mouse feels like a tank and you also have the possibility to change the weight of the mouse.

Please note, that this is a problem with the mouse:

I had this issue, and got my mouse replaced on warranty by the store. So beware of this, and make sure you get a good sample.

+ the 12 000 DPI sensor is just phenomenal. What more is there to say.

Now, what you should also know is:

- the G502 is small. I mean even so small that Linus complained about the mouse being small. I expected this mouse to be the same size as my old MX518, but it's much more narrow and more flat. Go for the G402 if you want a larger mouse. I suffered some heavy wrist fatigue at first because of the different position my hand had to be in when changing over to this mouse

- The feet are not too low (as you worry about in your question). However, they are quite bad, especially compared to my old MX518. The feet/pads are so small and have, for some reason, a very non-gliding surface which resulted in me having to buy a mouse pad for the first time in like 10 - 15 years (I seriously don't remember when I've needed a mouse pad since I bought the MX510, which I had prior to my MX518). And I did not get the mouse pad to protect the mouse, but the table surface beneath. That's how bad the feet of the G502 are.

Those are my two cents about the  G502. I have no experience about the Naga, so can't really say anything about it. But since you are looking at the Naga, why not also consider the Corsair Scimitar RGB? It is now available as all black, is probably more comfortable than either of these mouse because of it's size and it has an adjustable keys-pad. It also feature the same 12 000 dpi sensor like the G502. If I find the Scimitar on a good deal on next Black Friday, I will buy it (didn't buy it last black Friday, because no black version back then).

EDIT: I forgot to mention: With the Logitech, you also get Logitech's free-wheel technology that lets you have the scroll wheel roll very... freely (yeah... lack of better wording is lacking). This is a feature I first experienced with my Logitech M318e, which I use with my laptop for office work at the job. After you get used to it, it's difficult to going back from it, other than for gaming of course.

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

10 hours ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

hahhah YEAH, they`ll rize like the Phoenix! You`re the first to recognise it :) 

The bottom feet/pads are not good on the G502. They're quite bad. There are a few reviewers out there that address this issue

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, Mortis Angelus said:

The bottom feet/pads are not good on the G502. They're quite bad. There are a few reviewers out there that address this issue

I've used my 502 for about one and a half year and don't experience anything close to that problem

4 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

I've used my 502 for about one and a half year and don't experience anything close to that problem

I compare the mice WITHOUT mouse pad. If you read my longer post, that was the issue for me; having to get a pad. Do you talk about "having no problems" with or without a mouse pad?

Spoiler

Just now, Mortis Angelus said:

I compare the mice WITHOUT mouse pad. If you read my longer post, that was the issue for me; having to get a pad. Do you talk about "having no problems" with or without a mouse pad?

with a mousepad , I don't really think about the fact that people are not using mousepads because I always use them. Regarding not using a mousepad, it would be understandable that they're not that great, because they're relatively low profile

null

Okay, so i went out and got the G502 and after using it for a day and night now, it's just too small for my hands i can't grip it correctly? I don't know maybe i have a werid grip but my pinkie has no where to go, i either have to mush it into my ring finger, or it sits flat on my table which is VERY annoying =[ the rubber on the side feels great, but it's not big enough for two fingers (ring and pinkie). As much as i want to love this mouse, i just can't, the store wouldn't let me open the box to look at the item before buying it so couldn't get a chance to hold it and feel it, i guess i just hold my mouse differently to most people. it's either mush ring and pinkie together, pinkie goes onto mouse pad and rubs against that OR hold it out like a girl drinking from a wine glass (pinkie out)

As someone who has only used a Naga as my daily (Different models) throughout the past four years, I would vote for it. I have tried the G502 and I just didn't get the same feeling from it (of course). 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks

1 minute ago, Raggou said:

As someone who has only used a Naga as my daily (Different models) throughout the past four years, I would vote for it. I have tried the G502 and I just didn't get the same feeling from it (of course). 

Send me your mouse, and let me use it for a day, i'll send it back i promise >.> <3