Is this overkill??

Skye2468

I'm getting 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI Classified Gaming ACX 2.0+ Graphic cards

I don't know to much about GPU's and what is overkill and what's not

All i'm going to be doing is Photo and video editing software and gaming

Depends on your monitor because higher resolution would need more GPU power as well as the monitor response time and does it support G-Sync technology or not ?

what resolution and hz is your monitor running at? can you list your whole system specs please?

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

6 minutes ago, Minsekt said:

what resolution and hz is your monitor running at? can you list your whole system specs please?

Well I really haven't picked a Monitor out yet

But this is my build so far

Motherboard - Mpower Max AC

Graphic Cards - 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI Classified Gaming ACX 2.0+ linked together with SLI

CPU - Intel core i7-4790K Quad Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 HD Graphics 4600

RAM - Vengeance Pro Series — 8GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz C9 Memory Kit

SSD (Boot Drive) - SSD Intel 730 Series 2.5 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC

13 minutes ago, Metol said:

Depends on your monitor because higher resolution would need more GPU power as well as the monitor response time and does it support G-Sync technology or not ?

I'm still learning about G-Sync so I don't know much about it yet and I was thinking about two monitors, one of them 4K, and the other one 1080p with a high refresh rate

41 minutes ago, Skye2468 said:

I'm still learning about G-Sync so I don't know much about it yet and I was thinking about two monitors, one of them 4K, and the other one 1080p with a high refresh rate

4K Monitor + a 1080p monitor ? well then your double 980 TI in SLI should get the job done .. but tell me what monitors u will choose if you can also if u can afford it .. try to buy a monitor that supports G-Sync Technology .. it will be a REALLY GREAT experience because of the Frame Sync that G-Sync provides .. way better than ur typical "V-Sync" ... i would recommend buying this monitor instead of 2 monitors if u can afford it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009869