Worth the upgrade?

evensstevens

Hello all,

Was just wondering if it'd be worth to upgrade my GPU. I play games and run 3 monitors. Sometimes have the game split across, and sometimes have the game on main screen while the others are have browsers open or streams on. This GPU only has 1 HDMI, 1 Display Port, and 2 DVI.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core 

Motherboard: EVGA Z97 FTW

Memory: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW ACX 2.0

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze

2 minutes ago, evensstevens said:

Hello all,

Was just wondering if it'd be worth to upgrade my GPU. I play games and run 3 monitors. Sometimes have the game split across, and sometimes have the game on main screen while the others are have browsers open or streams on.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core 

Motherboard: EVGA Z97 FTW

Memory: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB FTW ACX 2.0

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze

triple 1080p? game settings? games?

but in the end i would probably suggest you wait for the new gpus to launch before you make your decision if you're fine with your setup now

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

42 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

triple 1080p? game settings? games?

but in the end i would probably suggest you wait for the new gpus to launch before you make your decision if you're fine with your setup now

Yes, triple 1080p. Counter Strike, LOL, Fallout 4, anything really.

Another annoying thing with my current GPU, is that it has 1 HDMI, 1 Display port and 2 DVI. Next GPU would have to be one with 3 Display or HDMI :P

1 minute ago, evensstevens said:

Yes, triple 1080p. Counter Strike, LOL, Fallout 4, anything really.

Another annoying thing with my current GPU, is that it has 1 HDMI, 1 Display port and 2 DVI. Next GPU would have to be one with 3 Display or HDMI :P

well if you want you can add another 980 for SLI (one with one dvi, 1 hdmi and 3 DP)

but i would rather suggest you wait for the new gpu release if you can wait

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Would I benefit much from that though? Just figured I'd sell my current one and buy a 980Ti 6GB version of mine which would come with that setup, or wait for whatever comes out next

Wait for the new batches to release, there will again be new features added for multiple display support. And for now, 980 is enough for those games anyway if you tweak some settings up and down.

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!