PC Reference Temps

Steve N. Mavronis

Saturday I finished building my first high-end mITX gaming PC. All my settings are stock right now. I want to check what are normal temperatures before I start testing  with some overclocking. My basic specs is Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, Z170 Intel i7-6700K, G.Skill 3200 DDR4 TridentZ, EVGA 980Ti Classified. For example while typing this my ambient room temp is 73 fahrenheit and my GPU temp is 30c using under the EVGA PrecisionX 16 default automatic fan profile setting. My air cooled CPU is 32c now too. I guess I want to know what is normal and what is pushing the limit when the time comes.

1 minute ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

Saturday I finished building my first high-end mITX gaming PC. All my settings are stock right now. I want to check what are normal temperatures before I start testing  with some overclocking. My basic specs is Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, Z170 Intel i7-6700K, G.Skill 3200 DDR4 TridentZ, EVGA 980Ti Classified. For example while typing this my ambient room temp is 73 fahrenheit and my GPU temp is 30c using under the EVGA PrecisionX 16 default automatic fan profile setting. My air cooled CPU is 32c now too. I guess I want to know what is normal and what is pushing the limit when the time comes.

See what your temps are under 100% load since you cant tell how much headroom you have with idle temps.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

10 minutes ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

idle temps vary like Hell and like @roctrebira said, it's the load temps that really matter. But just as a point of interest, an idle temp for that kind of card is perfectly normal especially in a reference design. But stress it to really see it's true potential. I suggest Aida64. 

Idle is normal. You are looking something like 70-80C on GPU and 65-80C on CPU. Depending on benchmark/stress test and CPU cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv