Potential Bottleneck?

HarkWave

As of now I have a oldish i5 3570k CPU and a GTX 960. I was hoping to upgrade to a 980 Ti in the coming year or wait for pascal to release. Either way, would my current CPU bottleneck these graphic cards in gaming etc., or would it be worth it to wait for pascal and invest in a better CPU and motherboard etc. beforehand?

Thanks 

That CPU shouldn't be a bottleneck at all unless you need your GPU for rendering with your CPU.

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

If you were to wait until pascal, what would your budget be?

If it's upwards of $2500, I'd wait. If not, the 980ti is a good upgrade.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I'd wait. The GTX 960 is more than capable for the time being.

Your 3570K shouldn't bottleneck the 980Ti in most instances, and if it did, it shouldn't be severe.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

6 minutes ago, HarkWave said:

As of now I have a oldish i5 3570k CPU and a GTX 960. I was hoping to upgrade to a 980 Ti in the coming year or wait for pascal to release. Either way, would my current CPU bottleneck these graphic cards in gaming etc., or would it be worth it to wait for pascal and invest in a better CPU and motherboard etc. beforehand?

Thanks 

ok, it can run i guess but i dont think you are using the full potential of that video card.

best gpu = best Cpu

best gpu / worst cpu.

worst gpu= worst cpu.

what i mean is it has to be paired w/ the best to be the best.

Take this crap chart in mind when upgrading.