Stock cooler with the AMD 860K

Toxicknight79

IM going to be buying the AMD 860K for a budget build  using the stock heatsink,  as of very recently AMD released a new boxed version of this CPU that now comes with  an "AMD quiet cooler" so the choice is between the two,  what is the AMD quiet cooler i cant seem to find much info about  it anywhere.  i want to know if its a better heatsink fan design or if its a passive solution the latter which i have no desire to buy.  I'm continuing to search but any  info would be helpful. if anyone knows about it.

just incase its asked where i saw this: It was on newegg.

and of course I just found the info,,, I search for hours with no results i post  my question here and then look   and wham, found it  right off the bat. 

AMD releases new coolers for their processors

I think its the new Wraith cooler and it is not a passive cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soc5x_4IACQ

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

I think its the new Wraith cooler and it is not a passive cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soc5x_4IACQ

yep,  its a  different version of the wraith but based around the same   cooler,,, looks to be much better than the older model, sorry I wasted your time looking that up for me. 

18 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

IM going to be buying the AMD 860K for a budget build  using the stock heatsink,  as of very recently AMD released a new boxed version of this CPU that now comes with  an "AMD quiet cooler" so the choice is between the two,  what is the AMD quiet cooler i cant seem to find much info about  it anywhere.  i want to know if its a better heatsink fan design or if its a passive solution the latter which i have no desire to buy.  I'm continuing to search but any  info would be helpful. if anyone knows about it.

just incase its asked where i saw this: It was on newegg.

and of course I just found the info,,, I search for hours with no results i post  my question here and then look   and wham, found it  right off the bat. 

AMD releases new coolers for their processors

i think you should wait for the Athlon X4 880K