Do I get to keep csgo operation maps in csgo?

Rob.S
Go to solution Solved by elpiop,
13 hours ago, Rob.S said:

Hi all,

i have a very important question about csgo, would appreciate a fast reply. Do I get to keep the operation wildfire maps after it ends, even if I didn't buy a pass? The vanguard maps were amazing, but then they just vanished!!!! I didn't get to buy a pass... Can I keep the maps if I don't buy a pass?

Also when does the wildfire operation end? Can't find it on google

all replies welcome!

12 hours ago, Rob.S said:

Thanks everyone! I will back up all the map files, as for Vanguard they vanished from Offline with bots as well :(( can someone tell me where the files are in the game folder? I don't wanna lose more maps.

You can find the all the maps on the workshop. Then you just have to subscribe to them and you will get updates for them (unless they get taken off the workshop for some reason, which is really unlikely). You can find the older operation's maps on the workshop as well.

But, the files are in "Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps"  if you want to manually back them up anyway. 

The operation ends June 17th. 

Hi all,

i have a very important question about csgo, would appreciate a fast reply. Do I get to keep the operation wildfire maps after it ends, even if I didn't buy a pass? The vanguard maps were amazing, but then they just vanished!!!! I didn't get to buy a pass... Can I keep the maps if I don't buy a pass?

all replies welcome!

No, that not how it works, when you pay for a pass you basically get the missions in which the maps are hosted by Valve servers which is limited time only. The maps are free and can be played anytime during the mission.

When you buy a pass you are basically donating to the the map developers and receiving some missions that can give you drops, but in this operation there are CO-OP missions.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Anyone can play on the maps at any time. However, after the operation ends, they can only be found on community servers if those servers choose to play them. Valve servers stop hosting them when the operation ends.

Thanks everyone! I will back up all the map files, as for Vanguard they vanished from Offline with bots as well :(( can someone tell me where the files are in the game folder? I don't wanna lose more maps.

3 hours ago, Rob.S said:

I might be wrong, but I think you can do changelevel (map name) in the console

ex. changelevel de_dust2

but whatever the map is called

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

11 hours ago, MattLantis said:

I might be wrong, but I think you can do changelevel (map name) in the console

ex. changelevel de_dust2

but whatever the map is called

The command is "map de_dust2"

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

13 hours ago, Rob.S said:

Hi all,

all replies welcome!

12 hours ago, Rob.S said:

You can find the all the maps on the workshop. Then you just have to subscribe to them and you will get updates for them (unless they get taken off the workshop for some reason, which is really unlikely). You can find the older operation's maps on the workshop as well.

But, the files are in "Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps"  if you want to manually back them up anyway. 

2 hours ago, elpiop said:

Thank you very much! Helpful! as a side note, not all of the the maps are on the workshop, if you know anyone who has them please tell me. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Rob.S said:

Thank you very much! Helpful! as a side note, not all of the the maps are on the workshop, if you know anyone who has them please tell me. Thanks again!

Are you sure? Which one's can't you find? I just did a quick check on the workshop and I think I was able to find all of them from the operations.

Here's a link to a collection for the vanguard maps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423160191

If you scroll down, you'll see other collections for the other older operation maps too, except for the Wildfire one. Use this link for the wildfire maps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638519747

12 hours ago, C1intFunWood said:

The command is "map de_dust2"

you can do either

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10|