LG 34UC87M(-B) vs Dell U3415W

maremp

I'm looking to upgrade to UW 1440p display and these two are my final picks. I considered LG to have a bit of price premium with it's better connectivity, but today I've found a buying option, where both displays would cost me about the same, which is around 750€.

I know that these displays are largely the same. But I'm interested in experience of those of you who own (or have owned) either or both of these displays.

Also, what about build quality and customer support? I was reading some older posts on another forum and they were saying that Dell has great customer support, unlike LG. But then again, the reviews of the LG are really great and Linus even made a was (is?) using a similar model as a daily driver, I believe that only difference is the stand. 

Note: the M(-B) is there because that's label for US models, where here in Europe, it's called just M. 

9 minutes ago, maremp said:

I'm looking to upgrade to UW 1440p display and these two are my final picks. I considered LG to have a bit of price premium with it's better connectivity, but today I've found a buying option, where both displays would cost me about the same, which is around 750€.

I know that these displays are largely the same. But I'm interested in experience of those of you who own (or have owned) either or both of these displays.

Also, what about build quality and customer support? I was reading some older posts on another forum and they were saying that Dell has great customer support, unlike LG. But then again, the reviews of the LG are really great and Linus even made a was (is?) using a similar model as a daily driver, I believe that only difference is the stand. 

Note: the M(-B) is there because that's label for US models, where here in Europe, it's called just M. 

I went with the Dell due to it looking better to me myself since LG makes the panels for both monitors and I havent regretted it one bit the software for the monitor to let you snap multiple screens to different sizes is wonderful and it made my secondary monitor almost useless. The stand on the Dell is better also it has pivot/height adjust vs the LGs height adjust only.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

3 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

I went with the Dell due to it looking better to me myself since LG makes the panels for both monitors and I havent regretted it one bit the software for the monitor to let you snap multiple screens to different sizes is wonderful and it made my secondary monitor almost useless. The stand on the Dell is better also it has pivot/height adjust vs the LGs height adjust only.

Yeah the software bit doesn't apply to me, my main usage is going to be os x on macbook and hackintosh and Dell flat out said that they are not going to support it.

You are right, the stand does seem more appealing on the Dell, it also seems a bit better for cable management. But on the other hand, the LG has thunderbolt, which should let me use display and other peripherals connected to it via single cable, where I would need 2 (mini-DP, usb upstream) with Dell.

I'm really torn about the decision, they are both great display and both have mutually exclusive features that I'd love to have combined.