System not booting

Marziin111

Hei guys I need some help for an old pic build. It is not possible to boot any OS or try to reinstall any. I see the Windows flag or Debian symbol but after a few seconds of loading the systems freezes an shuts down.

My System
Motherboard: Asus H7P55M-pro
CPU: i5 760
RAM: 2x 4GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: MSI TwinFrozer GTX560ti

I have testers two different drives, one WD Blue Cavier and a Sageate Barracuda, system recognises both of them but can't but out of them, same as of my dvd-drive. The system recognises its and try's to start for example the Windows 10 DVD but then freezes at the Windows flag (also tried with 8Pro and Vista).

I tried it with another graphics card but no succes. The system also beeps of there is no GPU available, what probably means it should work with my card, or not? Putting out the Ram gives also beebs and a Linux Ram Test recognises the sticks as well. So what is wrong with my setup? I know the BIOS is quit old, is there possibility to update it without any OS installed?

Thanks for your help!

You can do anything in the BIOS without an OS installed, that's how you install the OS in the first place. A few questions:

• Can you boot into BIOS... at all?
  • If you turn on the computer, do you hear the hard drives start to spin up?
  • Any loose SATA III, or SATA II connectors on your motherboard?
  • What did you do before this happened?

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

Hello,

yes I can boot into BIOS

yes I can hear them spinning, it loads the data of the drives until it freezes, so they probably work.

tried several SATA3 and also the IDE Connector.

I built the system, got the motherboard out of a running system, same as GTX, Ram and HDD are new.

Reset your CMOS to default settings and try again

or in extreme cases I would unplug the whole system and take it apart, then reasemble it outside the case (i know this have little to nothing to do with the main problem, but have saved me once or twice).

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

Tried both, no success. Tried also boot Linux elementaryOS it stops at edd check is this important?

image.jpeg