Razer core with any laptop?

Pittman90

Does anybody know if the Razer core will work with any laptop or will we have to wait until a video? I wanted to use something like a dell XPS 15 since it has a thunderbolt 3 with my gtx 980. Are all of thunderbolt 3 usb C the same? can they all transmit pcie? 

I am pretty sure all Thunderbolt 3 and USB C have the PCIe protocol. I am not sure if the razer core will be compatible with all, maybe it will be for razer only as they were showing off it along side their laptop razer blade and on their homepage it is also shown there. (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-stealth)

But after all this is my thought and even if Razer will make it Razer only I am pretty sure we will see similar product come out anyway.

Qute from razer site

" Featuring plug and play support with compatible graphics cards, you won’t need to reboot your system every time you connect your Razer Blade Stealth to Razer Core. Connect to the future with the most advanced and versatile external desktop graphics solution available "

Edited by Ivam50

26 minutes ago, Ivam50 said:

I am pretty sure all Thunderbolt 3 and USB C have the PCIe protocol. I am not sure if the razer core will be compatible with all, maybe it will be for razer only as they were showing off it along side their laptop razer blade and on their homepage it is also shown there. (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-stealth)

But after all this is my thought and even if Razer will make it Razer only I am pretty sure we will see similar product come out anyway.

Qute from razer site

" Featuring plug and play support with compatible graphics cards, you won’t need to reboot your system every time you connect your Razer Blade Stealth to Razer Core. Connect to the future with the most advanced and versatile external desktop graphics solution available "

Yeah i was thinking that they might do something like making them not compatible seems like something they would do. the blade stealth is just mehh tho