Is this okay?

arranb1223
Go to solution Solved by Kolden,
Just now, arranb1223 said:

I don't think it's touching it's just very close together

youll hinder the cooling a bit, not noticeable i expect, you should be fine. i would loosen the screws on the wifi card and push it down a little (dont force it and risk bending) just get as much space as you can then refasten the screw. 

I have just installed my house but it is touching(EDIT: very close) the back of my wireless card is that okay?

image.jpg

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

its going to affect cooling but shouldnt be too bad, do you not have another slot you can install the card into? as long is it doesnt actually touch the blades it will be okay if there are no other options. 

If you agree with my advice/Recommendation please give me a thumbs up. Thank you

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor OC @4.7ghz CPU Cooler: Thermaltake NiC C5 Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory OC @3200 Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  

It doesn't touch the blades, but I don't have any other 16x pci express slots anyway, it's a micro-atx mobo

PC Specs
CPU: i7 4790 | Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H | RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB | GPU: GTX 1070 | Case: NZXT S340 | Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsung SSD 256GB | PSU: Corsair CS550M | Operating System: Windows 10

you don't want them to be touching. If you loosen the screws on the graphics card and wifi card you should be able to move them apart enough for them to no long touch each other.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

PC Specs

if they are not touching then you will be fine :)

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

youll hinder the cooling a bit, not noticeable i expect, you should be fine. i would loosen the screws on the wifi card and push it down a little (dont force it and risk bending) just get as much space as you can then refasten the screw. 

If you agree with my advice/Recommendation please give me a thumbs up. Thank you

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor OC @4.7ghz CPU Cooler: Thermaltake NiC C5 Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory OC @3200 Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  

As long as there's no contact, It'll be fine, I'd be surprised if it made any noticeable difference. People worry about airflow more than they need to.