Hello all,

I'm building a LAN party gaming rig based on an old Dell Inspiron 570 that my father-in-law is dumping.

So far I've put a few parts I've had lying around for awhile namely a Asus 980ti reference card, Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, and a Corsair HX-850 PC.

The board is a micro-ATX and my plan was to build it cheap using the following parts:

1. AMD FX-6300 6-core CPU - $90

2. Corsair Vengeance 8GB kit - $45

3. Asus M5A78L Micro-ATX AM3+ motherboard - $60

Not sure if there any issues putting an NVidia card in an AMD system but I don't think there should be an issue.

Only problem I can see right now is cooling as the PS is in the top of the case so not much room for a good cooler.

Any advice as to whether this is a feasible idea or not or if there any other possible problems I could run into would be appreciated.

49 minutes ago, SirStiggie said:

Hello all,

I'm building a LAN party gaming rig based on an old Dell Inspiron 570 that my father-in-law is dumping.

So far I've put a few parts I've had lying around for awhile namely a Asus 980ti reference card, Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, and a Corsair HX-850 PC.

The board is a micro-ATX and my plan was to build it cheap using the following parts:

1. AMD FX-6300 6-core CPU - $90

2. Corsair Vengeance 8GB kit - $45

3. Asus M5A78L Micro-ATX AM3+ motherboard - $60

Not sure if there any issues putting an NVidia card in an AMD system but I don't think there should be an issue.

Only problem I can see right now is cooling as the PS is in the top of the case so not much room for a good cooler.

Any advice as to whether this is a feasible idea or not or if there any other possible problems I could run into would be appreciated.

ur cpu will be holding the rig back i would recomend getting a better cpu and motherboard and for lan partie so go with some like the node 202 and take a few tips from dis vid

58 minutes ago, courtiousdoge said:

ur cpu will be holding the rig back i would recomend getting a better cpu and motherboard and for lan partie so go with some like the node 202 and take a few tips from dis vid

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for the most bang for my buck and did not want to spend more than $300 to do this box. I looked at going the i5 route but the cost of that CPU is double the AMD.

I've also wanted to build an AMD system for awhile now to see what kind of experience I'd get from that side of the force. Maybe I should look at a different AMD cpu?

18 hours ago, SirStiggie said:

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for the most bang for my buck and did not want to spend more than $300 to do this box. I looked at going the i5 route but the cost of that CPU is double the AMD.

I've also wanted to build an AMD system for awhile now to see what kind of experience I'd get from that side of the force. Maybe I should look at a different AMD cpu?

i didnt mean for u to get a amd gpu u already have a 980 ti i m just saying to take stuff like the motherboard and stuff from it