weird problems with emulation

Epiclol86

so, i started zelda wind waker on the dolphin emulator on PC. When playing on my 1680*1050 monitor (75 hz) it runs at, lke 80 % speed (for the poeple who don't know, emulation of some older consoles doesn't work like classic games with frames per second, but by a percentage of the actual game speed). Then, when i open the game on the same computer with the same graphical presets on my 1920*1080 (i don't know what hz) Tv, it works at 100 %! i don't get it! Does someone have an explanation, or a way i can make this run better on my monitor? (pc specs below)

pc specs, if it helps: (not main rig, i just threw that together from old parts i had and some i could get for almost nothing here)

-core 2 quad q6600 at  2.4 ghz

-4gbs of ddr2 ECC ram at 800 mhz

-gt 630 2 gbs VRAM

-475 W PSU (i don't know what brand, it came with workstation case and mobo)

-old workstation mobo (still works well though)

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Are you using a European or North American/Japanese version of the game? I believe the way the game runs is tied to the refresh rate, and you can force PAL games to run at 60Hz, if I remember correctly.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Are you using a European or North American/Japanese version of the game? I believe the way the game runs is tied to the refresh rate, and you can force PAL games to run at 60Hz, if I remember correctly.

i'm using the american version. do you have any more info on how to force 60 Hz ? i mean i could also underclock my monitor at 60 hz...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Just now, Epiclol86 said:

i'm using the american version. do you have any more info on how to force 60 Hz ? i mean i could also underclock my monitor at 60 hz...

Just force the monitor to run at 60Hz, you should just be able to do that from Windows' control panel.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Just force the monitor to run at 60Hz, you should just be able to do that from Windows' control panel.

oh yhea right...  thx for the info!