Best virtualization operating system?

I've had my ubuntu server for a while and i want to add more machines. I haven't really done anything to my server(except probably decrease the security) so i don't want ubuntu to be it's OS anymore. What's the best virtualization OS(an OS specifically designed for virtualization and nothing else.)
I DON't want a host either(i.e, Linux running virtualbox running another linux/any other machine)

I think VMware can do it, but that costs money(which I don't have), any alternatives? Perhaps a linux distro designed specifically designed for this?

I think I saw Linus do this in his 7-gamers-1-PC video, but it might have been something different (and expensive)

I think you need a "hypervisor" but I know little more than the name about it :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

EXSI is free and part of VMWare. It's a hypervisor you install OS's into as VMs.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

virtualbox is free to

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

• VMWare ESXi
  • Proxmox VE (based on Debian)
  • Citrix XenServer (based on CentOS)
  • RedHat's RHEV (requires subscription though)
  • oVirt
  • Limetech unRAID (which is what you were referring to for Linus' 7-gamers-1-computer)

Personally, I have been doing CentOS + VirtualBox + phpvirtualbox for headless management, but obviously this does not fit your requirements.

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

If i understood the opening post correctly and you want a virtual server platform from where you can run multiple machines, then Proxmox is a good choice:

https://www.proxmox.com/en/

After setup, it's pretty easy to use. I have not set it up from the scratch ever, but have reinstalled it from the downloadable media. Was pretty much next->next->next->type server name->next->next->done. Then creating virtual machines is as easy as on any other platform (virtualbox, vmware, so on). Proxmox also supports some sort of clustering, so in the future you can add more hosts hardware and just share the virtual machines from one host to another to ease the load.