Data recovery.

Go to solution Solved by dan theman,

Thanks I used a program named testdisk and it recoverd the files thanks for the help

Hi yesterday my computer started very slowly and the primary partition was not working thankfully my running system was on the secondary partition but it changed the primary partition to raw format not ntfs as it is meant to be. so how do I recover the data?

From your backups ;)

I am working on my parents computer and it does not have backups enabled so I need some sort of data recovery software.

15 hours ago, dan theman said:

~snip~

Hey dan theman,

Could you post a screenshot of the way the drive is viewed in Disk Management? 
Have in mind that if the drive has a physical problem any attempt to test it or get the data off of the drive might further damage it and further decrease the chances of retrieving your files. 
If the drive or part of it is in a RAW state your best chance is a data recovery company. Their services can be quite costly, though. 
There are other third-party methods, but I can't really recommend them and you have to work with them at your own risk.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Thanks I used a program named testdisk and it recoverd the files thanks for the help

23 hours ago, dan theman said:

~snip~

Hey, I'm happy to hear you got it resolved! I'd strongly recommend to consider having backups of your data on multiple drives that are not connected to the same system in order to avoid such situations in the future. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

thanks man I am going to build a computer to backup all the computers on our place ie 5 computers so i will not have to worry thanks again you guys are awsome.