Some please help me

I'm incredibly confused. I had recently gotten a h100i gtx coasair water cooling set up and I can't find where to put in the power cable. I have a z97-a asus mother board and coasair says to put ithe in the cpu fan header and I find no such thing in the manual. I'm stumped

8 minutes ago, daquanwizard said:

I'm incredibly confused. I had recently gotten a h100i gtx coasair water cooling set up and I can't find where to put in the power cable. I have a z97-a asus mother board and coasair says to put ithe in the cpu fan header and I find no such thing in the manual. I'm stumped

There are two connectors one sata power which goes to the PSU and one 3 pin fan cable which attached to the CPU header on the motherboard, it is at the top of the board as a white connector above the first RAM slot:

z97-A.jpg

Edited by W-L

%

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

There are two connectors one sata power which goes to the PSU and one 3 pin fan cable which attached to the CPU header on the motherboard, it is at the top of the board as a white connector above the first RAM slot:

z97-A.jpg

I posted pics but they are both male so I'm confused 

Just now, daquanwizard said:

-SNIP-

Those two connectors your holding are for the fan connections, the unit itself has 3 main cables one detachable USB connection, one 3 pin cable which you connect to the CPU header and the two fan connections that you are holding. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Those two connectors your holding are for the fan connections, the unit itself has 3 main cables one detachable USB connection, one 3 pin cable which you connect to the CPU header and the two fan connections that you are holding. 

But it doesn't go into the white port above the ram because it's a male. 

1 minute ago, daquanwizard said:

But it doesn't go into the white port above the ram because it's a male. 

Here, there are two cables that come pre-attached to the unit two male fan connectors and one female 3 pin that is the one you put onto the CPU header:

10122114179l.jpg

Just now, W-L said:

Here, there are two cables that come pre-attached to the unit two male fan connectors and one female 3 pin that is the one you put onto the CPU header:

10122114179l.jpg

So those male connectors are optional?

Just now, daquanwizard said:

So those male connectors are optional?

If they are I feel like an idiot haha

2 minutes ago, daquanwizard said:

If they are I feel like an idiot haha

They are for the two fans on the unit itself if you want to use Corsair Link to control them, if not you can leave them empty and hookup the fans via the motherboard to power and control them from there instead.

Well as my luck has it my machine blue screened X_x I'll have to troubleshoot that first

5 minutes ago, daquanwizard said:

Well as my luck has it my machine blue screened X_x I'll have to troubleshoot that first

Well that's a problem... 

Check temps and dial back overclocks if you have some enabled, you can check the log on windows to see what the error was.

3 hours ago, daquanwizard said:

Did it blue screen because you have no power to the pump so you over heated or because you didn't mount the CPU block correctly?

Like the person said above, the two female plugs are for the fans that were supplied in the box. You use those if you want Corsair Link to control fan speed. If not, you can plug the fans into the fan headers on your motherboard and let bios control it instead. 

The male 3 pin on the Corsair unit HAS to go into tbe CPU fan header on the motherboard. It's located right above the top right mounting screw when you have the Corsair CPU block mounted. It's a white plug. It's also right next to the ram slot. 

After that, you should go into BIOS, click on the monitor tab and then disable q-fan control for the CPU fan. After that, scroll down to the CPU fan area, set the fan control to pwm mode with full power. If not, you'll get a CPU fan error when you boot up. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury