What is happening to my internet?

IsaacDaGrazin
Go to solution Solved by TomvanWijnen,

Restarting your router/entender/everything internet related might help. :)

While playing TF2, I was getting some serious stuttering (like the network stuttering not fps) and looked at my network and for some weird reason I was getting BYTES of data being sent to me. My ping was at like 400-500 and this is my ookla results http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5122847370

Most of the time I have 18-29 ping and no problems at all but today something is happening. I have a gigabit wireless card (can be used with gigabit Ethernet) So I dont think thats a problem.

I really doubt its my cpu and such

any help would be greatly appreciated

if any information is needed please ask, also my network provider is BT

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 minute ago, TomvanWijnen said:

15 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

While playing TF2, I was getting some serious stuttering (like the network stuttering not fps) and looked at my network and for some weird reason I was getting BYTES of data being sent to me. My ping was at like 400-500 and this is my ookla results http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5122847370

Most of the time I have 18-29 ping and no problems at all but today something is happening. I have a gigabit wireless card (can be used with gigabit Ethernet) So I dont think thats a problem.

I really doubt its my cpu and such

any help would be greatly appreciated

if any information is needed please ask, also my network provider is BT

The channel your router is running on is probably being crowded by your neighbors......
If you have questions, just ask! :) 

Just now, LegendDynasty said:

The channel your router is running on is probably being crowded by your neighbours......
If you have questions, just ask! :) 

If you're having problems, it's worth checking that your router has chosen a clear channel to broadcast on. Tools are available which show you how many routers are broadcasting in your area and the channel they use.

If you can see that your router is broadcasting on a busy channel, then it might be worth changing to a less common one. 

Just now, Scottonpc said:

If you're having problems, it's worth checking that your router has chosen a clear channel to broadcast on. Tools are available which show you how many routers are broadcasting in your area and the channel they use.

If you can see that your router is broadcasting on a busy channel, then it might be worth changing to a less common one. Generally you'll find the best performance on channels 1, 6, and 11.