Monitor crisis - help needed

Krzych

Hi,

So to be as quick as possible for me(probably not possiblexD), I have bought Dell U3415W in the middle of February. I loved the screen and 21:9 aspect ratio very quickly, but monitor itself was suffering from backlight bleed and coil whine, so I had to exchange it. I called Dell on Friday and they sent me new one, I just got it hour ago, and previous one is going to be taken tomorrow by courier. Problem is that second screen has exact the same problems even though it comes from refactoring, so I guess it was tested before turning it back to customers. So basically there is nothing left but to take a fact that this U3415W model is just defective if they send them back to customers with those issues even after refactoring. This is really bad news, because here in Poland Dell is known to be only manufacturer that respects customer properly, just think about it, they sent me new screen before I sent old one back to them and I have 2 screens for a day right now. If it was for example Asus, I would have to send monitor to them and wait a month for exchange, if I am lucky. 

So at the moment I plan to return this new screen back to Dell and return first screen to shop and get my money back.

Problem is that I still need a monitor and I already got used to 21:9 and curve, going back to 16:9 would be very painful and I don't really see this happening. Also, I don't really believe in no backlight bleed IPS panels after all what was going on with various ultra wide and gaming panels recently, most of them being unusable. So if I go for VA panel, there are only two options left for me:

-  HP Envy - I already barely fit my U3415W on my desk and I had to rebuild desk to even make it possible. Fitting this HP screen will be hardcore. Just look how wide it is because of those speakers, it won't even fit in courier's truck :P As for price, its 3250 PLN compared to 3550 for Dell, but its in not trustworthy shop, they basically claim that they have everything and after a week they tell you that they don't have this product and you have to wait xx days and they are avoiding refunds as much as they can, so I guess this is not an option to buy monitor from people that should be put in prison long ago. On German amazon from where it can be shipped to Poland its around 4000 PLN.

- Samsung S34E790C - glassy frames, but this time I am not really in position from which I can grumble on this kind of things. There are 2 or 3 smaller shops where I can get it for around 3700 PLN, but even though those shops has 90% positive opinions, most of consumers are lemmings without requirements that are going to take everything and pay for everything, so I don't really trust those opinions. From Amazon or bigger shops that has big physical shops so I probably could see this monitor personally before buying its around 4000-4100. From what I read it needs some serious calibration(where can I look for ICC profile or something like this except TFT Central?).

So prices are pretty bad and availability is also not great. 

Have anyone had any experience with those two monitor and can share them with me? Or maybe anyone has any ideas what else can I buy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

Why not look for LG's monitors? I have an LG 21:9 Ultrawide (Flat panel, not curved) and I have no light bleed that I can see - which is very very nice :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I just recently got LG UC87C and it was nearly flawless panel that I got. Do they not sell that there?

From LG panels, excluding those without height adjustments which are not acceptable, I have 34UC87M-B available for 3565 PLN and 34UC98-W for 4100. I also took a deeper look into one of shops that are selling Samsung S34E790 (they have last one in stock) and they seem okay, getting positive opinions from trustworthy reviewers and are answering to a lot of opinions about them on sites created for posting opinions about shops. This Samsung is there for 3672 PLN. 

I am a bit confused here. Getting into this IPS backlight bleed shit again will be stressful, but maybe I should give it one last chance before going to VA?

How are 34UC87M-B and 34UC98-W different to justify price difference?

I also read some opinions of LG owners claiming that backlight bleed appeared and then increased with time, is this even possible?

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

Ok I decided to go for Samsung, I don't think I can benefit from IPS that much to justify risks of another problems and going through returning or warranty process. I am not professional video/picture editor, I just need screen for gaming, web browsing and watching movies, lack of technical issues and backlight bleed, comfortable use to put it into one word, is much important for me than slightly better color accuracy. I will return Dell after getting Samsung so I will be able to compare them side by side anyway. In worse case scenario I will return both of them and get LG :P

Spoiler