Steelseries Guild Wars 2 Mouse

Hi,

This is my first ever review so i'm sorry if I sound bias or anything along those lines and sorry for the late review. Okay lets get this started :P

Link to Steelseries Guild Wars 2 Mouse: http://steelseries.com/products/games/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-gaming-mouse

I bought this mouse from amazon uk and at the time I had a razer deathadder. Now before you go "wowowowow, why did you get that over your deathadder? are you stupid." The reason is because I have had bad experiences with Razer products breaking within weeks of casual use and this was just unacceptable. The Steelseries mouse was just perfect for me because it had the right price range I was looking at and I also wanted a mouse with good looks. The bonus features where its fast DPI and its macro buttons. Having used it for a year and a bit I have noticed good and bad points about this mouse.

Pro's

• High DPI - I know most of you say you don't need high DPI but it has its uses I personally use 1800 DPI max.
  • Macro buttons - These 4 little buttons are awesome because they aren't hard to click and they are don't get in the way with my big thumbs.
  • Tracking - The mouse never glitches out when moving and with my white mouse mat it works seamlessly and is very accurate.
  • Graphics - If your a GW2 fan you will love this mouse for the graphics, they are very high quality and haven't lost their colour.
  • Mouse Size - This mouse is perfect for average sized hands or slightly bigger, I suggest a different mouse if you have smaller hands but if you claw grip it should be fine.
  • Grip - The grip on this bad boy is amazing its very comfortable and doesn't slip out of your hand by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Price - At the time it was quite cheap not too sure how much it is now and for the price I payed it was well worth it.

Con's

• Ergonomics - I would love this mouse if it had better ergonomics because my fingers are big and sometimes they will get caught under the mouse.

Overall I love this mouse a lot but if only it had better Ergonomics. However, its not a massive problem you can get around this easily and if you have thinner fingers you should be good to go.

I would recommend this to my friends and everyone else for average to large hand size. 

I rate this mouse 9.5/10 

I hope you like my short review if not tell me why in the comments below,

Thanks for your time to read my review :)

Even tho I dont like themed products, this one looks cool, but about the ergonomics, isn't one of the problems the ambidextrous shape, yes with this they can sell the mouse to everyone but will never be as comfortable as a mouse made specific for a right-handed, and sacrificing 90% for the 10% left-handed, for sales purposes, isn't much of a feature. I much prefer them to make two different mice, if they want to help left-handed. 

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Even tho I dont like themed products, this one looks cool, but about the ergonomics, isn't one of the problems the ambidextrous shape, yes with this they can sell the mouse to everyone but will never be as comfortable as a mouse made specific for a right-handed, and sacrificing 90% for the 10% left-handed, for sales purposes, isn't much of a feature. I much prefer them to make two different mice, if they want to help left-handed. 

The left-handed discussion is actually interesting.Im left-handed and could never use a mouse in my left-hand.

The left-handed discussion is actually interesting.Im left-handed and could never use a mouse in my left-hand.

My sister is left-handed and also uses the mouse on her right hand, but maybe because all my mice (that I pass to her) were right-handed, so I kinda influenced my sister to use her right hand.

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

My sister is left-handed and also uses the mouse on her right hand, but maybe because all my mice (that I pass to her) were right-handed, so I kinda influenced my sister to use her right hand.

Ahh yes and thats the way lefties are taught in a right-handed way i suppose.