CM Devastator Kit

ausgebombt85

Hey, 

So I'm currently planning my build (bought nothing yet and have nothing to reuse, except my trusted 1TB WD MyBook external storage).

Of course I'm leaning towards a gaming-centric rig and not skimping out on anything... except maybe keyboard and mouse, so I'm looking towards the CoolerMaster Devastator kit. Seems simple enough (I don't do MMORPGs or much online play, so I dont really want macro buttons) and the price is not too bad.

I don't have experience with gaming mice and keyboards (always used standard Genius keyboards and mice), so I was wondering if you would recommend the Devastator kit for starters? Anything good or bad to say about it? Is it worth the price?

Thanks!

Edit: In the future I will be looking forward to a mouse with better DPI and probably heavier build (I have big hands), but for now this is what I got to work with :) 

Hey, 

So I'm currently planning my build (bought nothing yet and have nothing to reuse, except my trusted 1TB WD MyBook external storage).

Of course I'm leaning towards a gaming-centric rig and not skimping out on anything... except maybe keyboard and mouse, so I'm looking towards the CoolerMaster Devastator kit. Seems simple enough (I don't do MMORPGs or much online play, so I dont really want macro buttons) and the price is not too bad.

I don't have experience with gaming mice and keyboards (always used standard Genius keyboards and mice), so I was wondering if you would recommend the Devastator kit for starters? Anything good or bad to say about it? Is it worth the price?

Thanks!

Edit: In the future I will be looking forward to a mouse with better DPI and probably heavier build (I have big hands), but for now this is what I got to work with :)

DPI doesn't matter. I personally use 800 and will always stick to that.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Hey, 

Thanks!

This should be fine for an entry level keyboard and mouse ^ ^.

If you were willing to spend more then I'd suggest a mechanical keyboard (there are plenty of topics on the site about these) $40+ and a Steelseries Sensei mouse $66. The Sensei has around 11,000 dpi but for most games you really won't more than around 600.

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Looks fine for an entry set, when you get to loot some gold again you could buy a mechanical keyboard, I've heard that they give a buff in WPS for some people.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Hey, 

Thanks!

are you talking about this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it august 11th and it's taking sooo long to ship I hope it's worth it and only one review wow

are you talking about this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought it august 11th and it's taking sooo long to ship I hope it's worth it and only one review wow

Yes. Hasn't arrived yet?

I'm just looking for something that won't break when I take it out of the box (I don't do nerd rage but I am clumsy)

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/Devastator/

Here you can find more specs on the keyboard and the mouse. The set has arrived at least for EU regions (where are you located?). Depending on your region it should be getting available in the neer future..

The set is a nice entry level set and for that pricepoint its a great deal with a keyboard and a mouse! They both have a nice matching blue LED color scheme, dedicated multi media keys on the keyboard, and a fullsize keyboard. The mouse isnt super small so with larger hands should be fine and has nice rubber side grips for gaming.

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --