Build Thoughts

BradH

Iv decided its time to start down sizing my pc from a giant haf x case to a mini itx and upgrade from an older outdated system to a newer one and this is what i have so far  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/w3yDD3 . I will be using a 5820k that i got from a friend and already have a graphics card to use as well as windows. I do plan to watercool it eventually down the road if i can find a way to make it work inside of the ncase m1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looks good to me man, what GPU you got?

X99 Mini ITX boards do make me laugh when the socket takes up like 1/3 of the board aha! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

i have a 760 atm (from old build) but i plan to upgrade to pascal or w/e amd bring out when they are released and ya x99 mini itx looks funny but i love the case and iv heard decent things about it i know i wont get any stupidly high overclocks but in a case that size i dont expect it. I got the 5820k for free when friend upgraded so thats a plus my only real concern is the air cooler im not sure how cool it will keep things but im hoping less then the stock cooler that comes with the motherboard.

6 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Looks good to me man, what GPU you got?

X99 Mini ITX boards do make me laugh when the socket takes up like 1/3 of the board aha! 

5 hours ago, BradH said:

i have a 760 atm (from old build) but i plan to upgrade to pascal or w/e amd bring out when they are released and ya x99 mini itx looks funny but i love the case and iv heard decent things about it i know i wont get any stupidly high overclocks but in a case that size i dont expect it. I got the 5820k for free when friend upgraded so thats a plus my only real concern is the air cooler im not sure how cool it will keep things but im hoping less then the stock cooler that comes with the motherboard.

Bloody good friend you have ahah! 

The case looks nice and vented and the cooler will keep things nice and cool at stock clocks. Wouldn't want to OC too much however. 

But no, you'll have a bloody fantastic pc that's the size of a console! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

21 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

Bloody good friend you have ahah! 

The case looks nice and vented and the cooler will keep things nice and cool at stock clocks. Wouldn't want to OC too much however. 

But no, you'll have a bloody fantastic pc that's the size of a console! 

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

Would it be worth selling the 5820k and then put the money towards a 6700k?

21 hours ago, BradH said:

Iv decided its time to start down sizing my pc from a giant haf x case to a mini itx and upgrade from an older outdated system to a newer one and this is what i have so far  http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/w3yDD3 . I will be using a 5820k that i got from a friend and already have a graphics card to use as well as windows. I do plan to watercool it eventually down the road if i can find a way to make it work inside of the ncase m1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The motherboard comes with a cpu cooler. If the plan is to eventually add a custom cooling loop there really is no point in getting a Noctua.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

48 minutes ago, brob said:

The motherboard comes with a cpu cooler. If the plan is to eventually add a custom cooling loop there really is no point in getting a Noctua.

i dont plan on it for atleast 6 months to a year and i heard the cooler is really bad and noisy also i may just sell the 5820k and just get a 6700k besides gaming and internet the only thing i really do is fold and i dont think 2 cores would really matter