What is Shell Experience Host?

NoLoMo
Go to solution Solved by Stardar1,

A brief Google search would tell you all that it is in fact part of Windows, and the fix is hilarious.

sFJvLIK.png

I just connected an old monitor to my laptop and found that my CPU was being pushed to 80%. What was taking up most of the memory and CPU was Windows Shell Experience Host. What is it, I ended it and the CPU dropped back to its normal 3%.

Uhhh... when was the last time you ran an anti-malware program on that machine? (I like Malwarebytes)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Its not malware, its part of windows itself, but tends to be a heavy cpu usage item

9 minutes ago, theaoneone said:

The shell experience looks more like a malware.

Do what @Stardar1 suggested. Run some anti-malware.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I have experience with some computer malware. Virus/malware hide themself by masking them as a core system task.

A brief Google search would tell you all that it is in fact part of Windows, and the fix is hilarious.

sFJvLIK.png

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, theaoneone said:

I have experience with some computer malware. Virus/malware hide themself by masking them as a core system task.

On windows 10 (and ive done some research into this app) the shell experience host is what shows the start menu

I think you should be fine, but you may as well do an integrity check.

Run command prompt as administrator by right clicking it and type "/sfc scannow" (w/o the quotes)

Wait for it to finish

After doing that you should be fine if it was actually a virus, but I doubt it was.