ROG Swift PG279Q

Cracanut

On launch of the ROG Swift PG279Q, a lot of users seemed to have problems with the quality control.

A lot of monitors had some excessive backlight bleed / IPS glow.

This caused me to hold back on buying this monitor.

Does anybody know if these issues have been fixed now?

Well if this means anything I bought the PG278Q Swift and had an issue that required replacement (which was dealt with by the retailer). I'm more than happy with my replacement and think its worth the QC lottery

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I think a lot of the backlight bleed comments, is from people that havent had IPS before.

With current technology so do we have to accept some backlight bleed, for IPS panels.

I will say go for it and try it a few days with normal use, then if you notice it too much RMA it.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

3 hours ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

I think a lot of the backlight bleed comments, is from people that havent had IPS before.

With current technology so do we have to accept some backlight bleed, for IPS panels.

I will say go for it and try it a few days with normal use, then if you notice it too much RMA it.

Backlight bleed has nothing to do with IPS panels. All LCD-based monitors have backlight bleed.

I think people shove backlight bleed and IPS glow into the same category. Backlight bleed is the bright/white edge lighting that can be seen on backlit panels and IPS glow is that orange glow that radiates from the corners of IPS panels. Both of which are excessively undesirable in my opinion, especially if you've paid a hefty amount for it.

I see a lot of the same problems with the ROG swift monitors as I do with the Acer XB270hu. I had that monitor and I returned it because there were a little bit of uneven backlight bleed and a fair bit of the infamous IPS glow that I couldn't get used to, especially since I had upgraded from a flawless 27" BenQ monitor with a VA panel (that I bought for less than £200 a year or two ago).

Like mentioned above, take the plunge if you want and hopefully you get a good one and don't mind the glow of IPS panels. You can always go down the RMA route if you decide it's not for you. A lot of people have done the same by the sound of it.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller