Case fans not working

So I installed a graphics card that is 82 degrees Celcius and I noticed my back case fans were not working.

I have them installed in "SYS_FAN 1". I set the BIOS setting for header "SYS_FAN 1" on Full Speed but still not working.

This was a OEM build from a store similar to NCIX PC, memory express.

I have the motherboard GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H.

EDIT: I think its the fan or the header being broken and not outputting power.

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

17 minutes ago, Buizel10 said:

So I installed a graphics card that is 82 degrees Celcius and I noticed my back case fans were not working.

I have them installed in "SYS_FAN 1". I set the BIOS setting for header "SYS_FAN 1" on Full Speed but still not working.

This was a OEM build from a store similar to NCIX PC, memory express.

I have the motherboard GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H.

Did these come with the built PC or are these after market?

2 minutes ago, KraftDinner said:

Try connecting to the power supply directly. That way you'll know if it's the fan's problem or if it's the motherboard header's problem.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

22 minutes ago, KraftDinner said:

built PC

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

19 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

Try connecting to the power supply directly. That way you'll know if it's the fan's problem or if it's the motherboard header's problem.

I need a adaptor. I will first try other header on the mobo then buy a adapter if that dosent work.

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

Take it back to memory express, how long has it been? I go to memory express often they're pretty good with their policies and warranties, I wouldn't mess with it, let them do the work

53 minutes ago, Buizel10 said:

I need a adaptor. I will first try other header on the mobo then buy a adapter if that dosent work.

Okay then how abou t simply plugging that fan into different headers on the motherboard? If the cable can't reach then unscrew it and hold it with your hand to plug it in. All you have to do is to see if it works. Otherwise, you can plug in anohter one if your case fans (I'm assuming you have more than 1 case fan in your car :P ) to check if it's the header or fan that's the problem.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

On 2/22/2016 at 9:19 PM, JaZoN_XD said:

Okay then how abou t simply plugging that fan into different headers on the motherboard? If the cable can't reach then unscrew it and hold it with your hand to plug it in. All you have to do is to see if it works. Otherwise, you can plug in anohter one if your case fans (I'm assuming you have more than 1 case fan in your car :P ) to check if it's the header or fan that's the problem.

Tryed that now, BIOS detecting that the fan is defective rather than the MoBo header.

On 2/22/2016 at 8:57 PM, KraftDinner said:

Take it back to memory express, how long has it been? I go to memory express often they're pretty good with their policies and warranties, I wouldn't mess with it, let them do the work

Lost the reciept

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

13 hours ago, Buizel10 said:

Tryed that now, BIOS detecting that the fan is defective rather than the MoBo header.

Lost the reciept

Alright so sounds like the fan is not working then? Confirm by plugging in a working fan in that original header?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

How many pins are on your case fans. if it 3 pin. I think you may have wrong setting. 4 pin is pwm. which sends pulsating voltage which non pwm fns cant handle since the rate electricity is so rapid that its not enough for the motor on non pwm fan to spin. As for 3 pin fan. They are controlled by voltage form like 6v to 12v etc to control fan speed. So maybe in your mobo bios there maybe a fan setting that allows you to change it to pwm mode or 3 pin mode. I know on my motherboard I only have no option for changing it. So I had to use fan controller.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2016 at 10:43 AM, aru2.0 said:

How many pins are on your case fans. if it 3 pin. I think you may have wrong setting. 4 pin is pwm. which sends pulsating voltage which non pwm fns cant handle since the rate electricity is so rapid that its not enough for the motor on non pwm fan to spin. As for 3 pin fan. They are controlled by voltage form like 6v to 12v etc to control fan speed. So maybe in your mobo bios there maybe a fan setting that allows you to change it to pwm mode or 3 pin mode. I know on my motherboard I only have no option for changing it. So I had to use fan controller.

No it dosent.

Sorry I didnt respond

Vancouver, BC | O Canada