System Specs:

ASUS P6T motherboard

Intel i7-920 Bloomfield Clocked at 3.7 GHz and at ~1.35 volts

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

Radeon Powercolor R9 380 4GB

6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHz

2 x 1TB Seagate Desktop HDD in RAID 0

Corsair CS750M 80+ Gold rated 750W power supply

and some crappy DVD drive not worth mentioning.

I upgraded from an EVGA Superclocked GTX 760 fairly recently. After said upgrade my PC started crashing during gaming. My PC would simply blackscreen and the games audio would cut out but VoIP would continue sending and recieving for a small amount of time then that would cut out too. My PC would still be on and running but with that blackscreen and all that could be done is restarting it. Thought it was CPU overheating so I used AIDA64's stress test and temps peaked at ~84C. I opened the case and blew out all of the dust with a can of compressed air. closed her up and ran the stress test again. Temps then peaked at ~73C. Started gaming again and it happened again. So I Thought it could be a problem with my new video card. That's the only thing I changed so maybe that's overheating. Downloaded MSI Afterburner and cranked the fans up to 100% thinking they might now be automatically keeping up with the demands of the GPU. Nope still crashed. My drivers are up to date and I cannot figure out what could be causing this.

Any help would be lovely and I'd be happy to perform any tests and upload the logs here. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, caboose309 said:

System Specs:

ASUS P6T motherboard

Intel i7-920 Bloomfield Clocked at 3.7 GHz and at ~1.35 volts

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

Radeon Powercolor R9 380 4GB

6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM at 1600 MHz

2 x 1TB Seagate Desktop HDD in RAID 0

Corsair CS750M 80+ Gold rated 750W power supply

and some crappy DVD drive not worth mentioning.

I upgraded from an EVGA Superclocked GTX 760 fairly recently. After said upgrade my PC started crashing during gaming. My PC would simply blackscreen and the games audio would cut out but VoIP would continue sending and recieving for a small amount of time then that would cut out too. My PC would still be on and running but with that blackscreen and all that could be done is restarting it. Thought it was CPU overheating so I used AIDA64's stress test and temps peaked at ~84C. I opened the case and blew out all of the dust with a can of compressed air. closed her up and ran the stress test again. Temps then peaked at ~73C. Started gaming again and it happened again. So I Thought it could be a problem with my new video card. That's the only thing I changed so maybe that's overheating. Downloaded MSI Afterburner and cranked the fans up to 100% thinking they might now be automatically keeping up with the demands of the GPU. Nope still crashed. My drivers are up to date and I cannot figure out what could be causing this.

Any help would be lovely and I'd be happy to perform any tests and upload the logs here. Thanks.

Put your 760 back in and see if the issues persist.

If they do not, RMA the card immediately (or return and exchange).

If they do, DDU the drivers and reinstall Crimson.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!